2025 U17 CONCACAF Championships/World Cup Qualifiers (News & Preparation)

"Concacaf U-17 Men’s Qualifiers
The new Concacaf U-17 Men’s Qualifiers will consist of a single round. The participating Concacaf Member Associations will be divided into eight groups, with the number of teams per group varying depending on the total number of participants.

After round-robin play, in which each team will play against each team in its group once, the group winners (eight teams in total) will qualify for the FIFA U-17 World Cup.

The first edition of the Concacaf U-17 Men’s Qualifiers under the new format will take place between February 7 and 16, 2025.

The 2025 Concacaf U-17 Men’s Qualifiers official draw will take place on October 24 at the Concacaf Headquarters in Miami, FL. Fans will be able to follow on the Confederation’s YouTube channel starting at 11 am ET." www.concacaf.com/news/concacaf-to-introduce-new-formats-for-region-s-u-17-men-s-and-women-s-qualifiers/

New Format. Eight teams will qualify for the expanded U-17 World Cup. I've been told we will have our first camp in Costa Rica next month. Mike Vitulano will be the head coach. This will likely be the only camp we have before qualifiers. I've been tracking this age group over the past year and it's a real shame we're likely only having one camp because there are a good 40-45 players we should take a look at. Hopefully, there will be some camps in between Qualifiers and the World Cup should we advance. Below are the players I think should be considered. I'm not sure of the quality of some of the foreign-based players, but that's why they should be looked at. Overall I think we have one of the best youth pools in recent memory here and I'd be disappointed with this group if we don't achieve some success. Some of the names on this list already play for other countries and are unlikely to accept an invite, but I've still mentioned them. Quite sure all listed are eligible. I'm optimistic this group could challenge the US and Mexico. Please add who I'm missing to my list of players that should be considered.

Players to Consider (In alphabetical order)

Goalkeeper                                                                 Centre Back                                                Fullback/Wing Back

Jean-Christophe Belzile - CF Montreal         Sasha Cernic - Sampdoria                  Ajahni Carter - Vaughn SC

Dominic Kantorowicz - Toronto FC                Richard Chukwu - Toronto FC            William Daniels - Leicester City

Jack Kortkamp - Sporting Kansas City         Michael Corona - Club Leon              Sahlil Deo - Vancouver Whitecaps

Jonathan Ransom - Atlanta United               Stefan Kapor - Toronto FC (2009)    Elliot Germain-Aubrey - CF Montreal

Sergei Kozlovskiy - CF Montreal       Kai Jupa-Williams - FK Teplice

Josh Nteziryayo - CF Montreal          Lucas Quinones - Orlando City SC

Daniel Panait - CF Montreal               

Elijah Roche - Toronto FC            

Defensive/Central Midfielders                            Attacking Midfielders                                            Wingers

Karl Agnero - Port Vale FC                                Antone Bossenberry - Toronto FC                  Andre Ali-Gayapersad - CF Damm                                             

Timothy Fortier - Toronto FC                            Kevin Khan - Feyenoord                                  Filip Biskupski - Toronto FC

Rio Hastings - Ross County                              Grady McDonnell - Vancouver FC                 Diago Delgado - Vitoria Guimaraes (2009)       

Matthew Hinds - Houston Dynamo (2009)      Kemari Record-Wright - Woodbridge SC       Mateo Glavan - NK Istra

Dylan Judelson - Orlando City SC                    Matteo Rizzo - FC Utrecht (2009)                  Shola Jimoh - York United

Spencer Potter - Toronto FC (Also CB)            Isaac Tortola - Columbus Crew                      Erwann Mokam - FC Sion

Aghilas Sadek - CF Montreal                            Yuma Tsuji - Vancouver Whitecaps (2009)   Johnny Selemani - Vancouver Whitecaps

Niko Wood - SC Heerenveen (2009)             

Strikers

Marius Aiyenero - LAFC

Lukas Dikic - HNK Rijeka

Owen Graham-Roache - CF Montreal

Kervon Kerr - Toronto FC (2009)

Josh Lopez - York United

Edited by AnonymousInsider

42 minutes ago, narduch said:

Checking the Concacaf U17 rankings we are 3rd. Which means we should be in Pot 1 and should have a fairly good chance of qualifying. 

https://www.concacaf.com/en/rankings/men-s-under-17/

We should try to host our group. Shouldn't be an issue playing in BC in February 

I've heard Mexico will be the host for the tournament.

31 minutes ago, AnonymousInsider said:

I've heard Mexico will be the host for the tournament.

I wasn't sure they were going to have a tournament that would select a champion.

9 days with a group stage then quarters, semis and a final seems pretty tight 

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

I wasn't sure they were going to have a tournament that would select a champion.

9 days with a group stage then quarters, semis and a final seems pretty tight 

Since they haven't confirmed a host, there may not be a knockout, which would be a shame. Maybe there will be multiple hosts. I read somewhere Mexico would host a while ago, but maybe they've reneged on that. I agree, 6 games in 10 days would be too much. Also, nothing in the article mentions a host nation.

16 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

With a coach who isn’t Olivieri I too will be upset if we don’t qualify 

Looks like he coached the U15 and has been Olivieri's assistant with other ages. That is disappointing that we won't get to see a knockout to see how we compare to the top teams. The fact they call them "Qualifiers" instead of "Championship" kind of makes it seem that way. Should be favourites to advance to the WC but margins are still small when a single loss to the Pot 2 team likely eliminates you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2024 at 12:43 PM, ahmedou said:

It sucks that all the Concacaf national teams games are in the States...

We can't support our national team in our own country no more...

We're also part of the World Cup 2026 organization...

The under-age tournaments are almost never in the US. And Canada is hosting part of the Gold Cup again.

It would be nice if we figured out how to host one of these tournaments though.