Friendly match: Canada vs Panama - Tuesday, October 15th - 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

2 hours ago, Ottawafan said:

As I posted in our Ottawa V's chat my son got to talk to Theo Bair at a meet and greet for his club.  Such a great way to get in touch with clubs and its players.

42 minutes ago, h coach said:

Jonathan David was involved with a club training session in East Ottawa. There was some footage on the local CTV news.

Did the Ottawa guys (David and Bair) make the trek down the highway to do do some community related stuff, or did clubs from Ottawa make the trip to Montreal to take advantage of the CanMNT being there?

On 9/22/2024 at 3:53 PM, ahmedou said:

I wanted to see Cornelius-Balerdi :(

3 hours ago, Ottawafan said:

Bair was in the west end of Ottawa.  Not sure where David's meet and greet was.

east part of Ottawa at one of the fields he would have often played at Shefford 

12 hours ago, Mihairokov said:

Priority is surely on revenue-generation over raw numbers. I imagine they care more about that than sheer numbers. 

Yeah, people keep mentioning all the tickets that were sold in Edmonton. But people could get the best seats for $90 to both World Cup qualifying games. Both games cost $45 in most of the stadium.

Almost no tickets are sold in Toronto for the lone, friendly game for $45.

Toronto is convenient for travel and a money maker for the CMNT. If they sellout the lower bowl, they are probably really happy with that, at that pricing.

Screenshot_20241010_095329_Firefox.jpg

Edited by blueseeka

11 hours ago, ahmedou said:

1100 Montrealers fans at Canada Soccer practice in Montreal 💯

A little disappointing with the turnout. Also thought we would be allowed on the field after the practice for the meeting of players but instead they only came to the fence which made it really hard for the younger kids especially. The people that were in front would stay there and just waited for the next player to show up. I thought it could of been better done. Btw I think Davies did not stick around too long if I saw correctly.

46 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

A little disappointing with the turnout. Also thought we would be allowed on the field after the practice for the meeting of players but instead they only came to the fence which made it really hard for the younger kids especially. The people that were in front would stay there and just waited for the next player to show up. I thought it could of been better done. Btw I think Davies did not stick around too long if I saw correctly.

They should've done it like at the Soirée des Membres (IMFC, CFMTL) in Montreal. Tables at the field. There's a line on each tables. The fans choose which tables to go. 

I was on the left side. The've put the majority of MLS players and Bair on the left side. And they've put all the European players on the right side. Coach Jesse and Coach Biello went to the left side.

They could've tell them to change the side after (like the MLS players and Bair go the right side and then the  European players at the left side), to let all the fans have a equal chance to meet their favorite players.

I talked with a Canada Soccer responsible and he'll try do something for my jerseys collections at the game against Panama in Toronto.

But the players really did their best with the fans.

The Quebecois players (Crepeau, Choiniere) stayed until 8:00pm. Respect to them. Because the event was supposed to finish at 7:30pm.

Edited by ahmedou

12 hours ago, ahmedou said:

1100 Montrealers fans at Canada Soccer practice in Montreal 💯

Had to cancel due to kid coming home sick. If this had been the only event for signatures, it might’ve seem a bit disappointing, but the fact that all the players went to different communities over the past two days it’s really hard to critique.  It also wasn’t a warm  sunny day when more people might have just decided to come last minute