Friendly match: Canada vs Panama - Tuesday, October 15th - 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

1 hour ago, Club Linesman said:

Easy there Ahmedou.  Unless you have been to every other city you don’t truly know. As per the late Greg Giraldo, there could be a city in Indonesia with 34 people where 32 are hot girls that will perform oral for a nickel.  And the other 2 people are guys who give you nickels. RIP Giraldo.

Since when is a place with 34 people considered a city?

4 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Easy there Ahmedou.  Unless you have been to every other city you don’t truly know. As per the late Greg Giraldo, there could be a city in Indonesia with 34 people where 32 are hot girls that will perform oral for a nickel.  And the other 2 people are guys who give you nickels. RIP Giraldo.

I’ve been to every single city in the world and he’s right. Ain’t even close!

59 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Hey, no sign of a pow wow with Voyageurs and Jesse Marsh at the Burgundy Lion?  

What’s Jesse want to do with a bunch of guys who watch only the premier league? 

I thought the CANMNT hangout bar in Montreal was Frappé? Also the official bar of “lets cap the night with the cheapest pitcher on the plateau”, but that’s besides the point. 

2 hours ago, Sal333 said:

Since when is a place with 34 people considered a city?

Nightmute, Alaska is a city with 304 people, close enough. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmute,_Alaska

I think some massive swathes of area in northern Quebec/ontario are defined as cities for some reason and don’t have many people. Canada’s largest city by landmass is La Tuque that I think only has like 10k pop. 

6 hours ago, MtlMario said:

Well I'll be bringing my wife, daughters and grandchildren Wednesday (total of 9) to do just that.😁

Plus Ahmedou and Ruud. We'll be a team of 11! 

I'll have a huge bag of jerseys to get sign by the players. I can borrow you some of my jerseys to get it sign by the players, but please bring me back my jerseys after lol.

7 minutes ago, ahmedou said:

Plus Ahmedou and Ruud. We'll be a team of 11! 

I'll have a huge bag of jerseys to get sign by the players. I can borrow you some of my jerseys to get it sign by the players, but please bring me back my jerseys after lol.

We'll have jerseys to get signed too but thanks for the offer.🙂

34 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I’ve been to every single city in the world and he’s right. Ain’t even close!

What’s Jesse want to do with a bunch of guys who watch only the premier league? 

I thought the CANMNT hangout bar in Montreal was Frappé? Also the official bar of “lets cap the night with the cheapest pitcher on the plateau”, but that’s besides the point. 

Burgundy has stepped up on Canmnt in recent years but may be an anglo thing.  Been to both and always find fans 

7 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Burgundy has stepped up on Canmnt in recent years but may be an anglo thing.  Been to both and always find fans 

That’s good to know. I like Burgundy, I just never go there to watch games, usually my pre-CF Montreal spot. The friends I have who are regulars there are usually the football fans that have a premier league club and that’s about it. Granted, I watch most of my games at home, so may be time to go out and check one of these spots out for a game. 

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Any near-abandoned place in England with a cathedral, if I understand correctly. 

The Welch and Scottish that actually have a couple small cities (about 2000, and 3000, respectively) would like a word or something stronger. 😉

The smallest city in England ( Wells) is actually is about  same size (12,000) as the city I grew up near. That gem in central Alberta was given city status in 1906 with a population under 2000.

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Any near-abandoned place in England with a cathedral, if I understand correctly. 

I don't know why people are laughing I was being serious. A city was a royal designated status given to sites with cathedrals (Anglican), or a university, then more recently just population, which I believe is also an indicator of the City name on a football team, or was originally in the late 19th century. That explains why the Nottingham teams aren't N-City, both were founded decades before Nottingham's city status.

Then if city status was given later, a club could take that as part of the name. 

Hull was given city status in the very late 19th century so when the club was founded in the first decade of the 20th they proudly called themselves Hull City, acknowledging the newfound status. 

Wells is the smallest English city with a cathedral, has 10,000 population, so want to guess the name of the football team?

https://www.wellscityfc.org.uk/

Edited by Unnamed Trialist