Friendly match: Canada vs Panama - Tuesday, October 15th - 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

3 hours ago, RS said:

I’m not sure “very well” is the term I’d use as the upper east deck isn’t even open for sales, but they are on track to fill up most of the original stadium.

Hopefully this sneaky price drop speeds sales up a bit.

11 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Just got my tickets for the game. Noticed ticketmaster has added a Friends and Family discount to most of the tickets still available. I ended up with 2nd row tickets which normally sold for $72 and I got them for $40 each. To find the discount offer, switch view to switch to map to select seats.

Tickets look like they have sold very well. Most tickets are now sold for the bottom sections with a bunch sold in the opened upper bowl.

Screenshot_20241004_003159_Ticketmaster.jpg

Honestly, the prices were way higher than I expected for a friendly against Panama. Most tickets were $56 or $72. Midfield was priced at $175. Only a couple sections at under $40, and they sold out quickly.

Even when they opened up the upper bowl, the 5 closest sections to center are priced at $72 and the other ones at $56. Only end upper bowl is $40

Edited by blueseeka

18 hours ago, Corazon said:

I’ll never understand hating a player that is representing Canada.  I understand people having favourites on the program and I also understand people having an opinion that maybe some players aren’t up to the level of our program.  
I have favourites and I have opinions on who I feel should and maybe shouldn’t be on our rosters.  But I don’t know how any true fan of Canada can actually root against players?  
There are some fans here that seem to enjoy actively cheering against our players and enjoy watching them struggle.  I’ll never understand that.

I ve seen it in other countries . Ive seen fans in Florence Italy boo Juventus players whenever The Azzurri play in  Florence , Also I have heard  about Real Madrid players being  booed at whenever Spain plays in  other cities not named Madrid . Like Yourself I find it wierd 

12 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

I ve seen it in other countries . Ive seen fans in Florence Italy boo Juventus players whenever The Azzurri play in  Florence , Also I have heard  about Real Madrid players being  booed at whenever Spain plays in  other cities not named Madrid . Like Yourself I find it wierd 

During world cup qualifier against El Salvador a nice chunk of the stadium did the opposite, booing Eriq Zavaleta much to his chagrin. But that was a special case.

12 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Just got my tickets for the game. Noticed ticketmaster has added a Friends and Family discount to most of the tickets still available. I ended up with 2nd row tickets which normally sold for $72 and I got them for $40 each. To find the discount offer, switch view to switch to map to select seats.

Tickets look like they have sold very well. Most tickets are now sold for the bottom sections with a bunch sold in the opened upper bowl.

Screenshot_20241004_003159_Ticketmaster.jpg

I bought my tickets almost 2 weeks ago. It didn't have this friend's and family offer, but it had something that was called something like "Me + 3" or maybe "3 + Me" where you could get your 4th ticket for free.

35 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Honestly, the prices were way higher than I expected for a friendly against Panama. Most tickets were $56 or $72. Midfield was priced at $175. Only a couple sections at under $40, and they sold out quickly.

Even when they opened up the upper bowl, the 5 closest sections to center are priced at $72 and the other ones at $56. Only end upper bowl is $40

How do they compare to prices for TFC games? I know its a "friendly" but I expect both teams to go for it given the stakes re rankings and NL opponents. For soccer/TFC fans in the GTA, it's an opportunity to see players from top 5 leagues vs a team that is currently higher than us in FIFA rankings. 

20 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

How do they compare to prices for TFC games? I know its a "friendly" but I expect both teams to go for it given the stakes re rankings and NL opponents. For soccer/TFC fans in the GTA, it's an opportunity to see players from top 5 leagues vs a team that is currently higher than us in FIFA rankings. 

I only went to one TFC game this season, I'm not sure what the prices are, but here is a quick comparison with the remaining games scheduled at BMO field.

Oct 5 - TFC vs Inter Miami - all the tickets available are "verified reseller". In section 222 I'm seeing tickets are over $400 each. The cheapest I see in that section is $444 and if you want to sit 3 rows behind those cheapest seats, it will cost you $649 each, the most expensive in that section. The cheapest in the entire stadium for the game at the moment is $234. I suspect that to go down closer to game time when the scalpers get desperate to try to sell a game that Messi likely won't even play in.
Oct 23 - TFC Wildcard game if they make it - In section 222 the tickets are $164 in the bottom half of the section, and $120 in the top half of the section.
Oct 15 - Canada vs Panama - In section 222 the tickets are $71.25 in the bottom half of the section, and $56.50 in the top half of the section.

Edit: Maybe those Inter Miami game prices are for 2 or 3 tickets. I'm seeing now when you hover over a specific seat it is listing multiple seats. So I guess the reseller is giving one price for a pair. I don't really know how these things work since I vowed to never again buy tickets above the original price from a reseller after the 2016 MLS Cup final.

Edited by Kent

1 hour ago, sebdeserio said:

During world cup qualifier against El Salvador a nice chunk of the stadium did the opposite, booing Eriq Zavaleta much to his chagrin. But that was a special case.

I’ll never forget when that was happening some guy in 111 was yelling incredulously over to the south side “he plays for TFC!”…. Just stood out as so ignorant lol a) everyone knew that genius, hence the booing b) not everyone is a TFC fan in any event. 

1 hour ago, gigi riva said:

I agree even for club, but I do feel doing it against your national program is another level.  Although international representation does pay these days it’s not like Inisgne at TFC.  I believe there are a lot of contributing factors that might warrant dislike or distaste for players such as being overpaid, poor attitudes, distasteful comments, etc. 
But genuine hate for players that show up for the national program at every chance they get and give it their all.  

Look at Piette’s comments after being left off Canada under Marsch.  Pure class through and through.  

I’m seeing videos circulating of Osorio going to talk to the fans and hearing the dissatisfaction of the club after Wednesday’s embarrassing performance.  Not a single other TFC player went to the fans but Osorio went and took the heat (like a captain should).

18 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

You can't compare the Inter Miami. The ticket prices are sky high for casuals to see Messi. Throughout the year, I have easily found tickets at $20 a piece for weekday games

Ya. But those are usually resales from season ticket holders desperate to get rid of their tickets.

I think the match this past Wednesday you could get tickets for $15 + charges.

Compared to say, the Blue Jays, Raptors, Leafs (and TFC for the most part) these CSA tickets are fairly priced.

17 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have always been CMNT first and foremost, and with CF Montreal now playing more Canadians (and lots of younger Canadians) I have switched my focus to them - I will prioritize watching their games whereas I used to do that with TFC.  

Your CF Montreal stats since are: 4-0-1! Keep watching the games lol.

I've been IMFC fan. I'm fan of Montreal (all sports included). I'm not a CFMTL fan tho. But I'm still a fan of the Quebecois players (academy, etc) of CFMTL and a fan of the Canadians players of CFMTL.

And I'm a fan of the Canadians players from others MLS teams. When the Canadians players from others MLS team play against Montreal I'm going to the Saputo Stadium.

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Compared to say, the Blue Jays, Raptors, Leafs (and TFC for the most part) these CSA tickets are fairly priced.

Eh, if BMO was packed and sold out for every CMNT match they get I would agree, but I think it's tough to see tickets for $55+ and then see that only 2/3rds of the stadium is full. I know why they do it, but it would be a lot better if they were a notch cheaper, IMO. I begin to hesitate if I'm north of $120/130 for a pair of tickets. 

Comparing to the Messi game is disingenuous, we all know those match prices are aberrations.

Edited by Mihairokov

Honestly, i think they make much more money by selling at a high price with the bottom level sold out at these prices. Then selling a couple thousand tickets more at $25.

The surprise was when they opened up the upper level at mostly $72 each. They should of just opened that at $20 and fill it

5 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

The surprise was when they opened up the upper level at mostly $72 each. They should of just opened that at $20 and fill it

Pretty sure that would piss people off who bought early and paid higher prices. I bought 6 tickets in the south end at a tad over $40 (average) including fees and that's in the supporter section. If they were to offer block tickets at $20 to youth clubs  in the upper level that would be ok, but not to the general public.

1 hour ago, blueseeka said:

Honestly, i think they make much more money by selling at a high price with the bottom level sold out at these prices. Then selling a couple thousand tickets more at $25.

Sports business 101 is that it's easier to raise prices than lower them. Lowering them inherently lowers the value of the product that you're trying to sell. Once they're at $20 they either need to stay there to maintain crowd size consistency or they're raised and the people who entered at $20 never return because they value the product at the price they previously paid. 

They just opened up the entire upper west deck. Some of the tickets are as low as $21, but you have to click on the seats to see the discounted prices.

Even the pricier middle sections are offered at about half price. I wonder what people who bought at the higher prices will think if they found out that the people sitting next to them paid half of what they did.

Anyways, the problem Canada Soccer has at BMO is that they never want to pay for proper staffing, so a half-full MNT or WNT game always has worse lineups for entry and concessions than at a full TFC game. We'll see if that changes for this game, especially since it appears as though they're making an effort to fill the place up (through cheap ticket incentives) rather than overcharge the 15k or so they'd normally get for a midweek friendly against Panama.

2 hours ago, RS said:

Even the pricier middle sections are offered at about half price. I wonder what people who bought at the higher prices will think if they found out that the people sitting next to them paid half of what they did.

The only tickets still available in the lower bowl are the back couple of rows. Everything else was pretty well sold at the high prices

3 hours ago, blueseeka said:

The only tickets still available in the lower bowl are the back couple of rows. Everything else was pretty well sold at the high prices

Right, but the upper deck has been on sale at full price for a while and now all the remaining tickets in those sections are available at half price (not just the newly released blocks from today).