Friendly match: Canada vs Panama - Tuesday, October 15th - 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

Couple of interesting tidbits:

- Nike already has concepts of the world cup jersies and presented to CSA leadership. Jesse refused to provide any details but said they are "cool" (use your imagination here). 

- Have identified youth development, talent identification, playing with the ball, and set pieces as areas of improvements. Jesse mentioned some internal incentives for players especially for set pieces.

- CSA is currently trying to organize a development camp, and is currently working to come up with funding for that. Unclear if it is a camp poutine style camp in January or something more akin to the European camp the past summer with more first team players. 

- Jesse mentioned that Kevin is working to increase TV viewership and exposure for the team. Mentioned he was a little disappointed with the viewership numbers of the US friendly. 

There are probably things in there that other people would find interesting that I missed.

One other thing, I'm very impressed with Cornelius here (this is the first time I've heard him speak in any significant length), such a well spoken, mature, intelligent player and person.

Edited by frattinator

4 hours ago, frattinator said:

Couple of interesting tidbits:

- Nike already has concepts of the world cup jersies and presented to CSA leadership. Jesse refused to provide any details but said they are "cool" (use your imagination here). 

- Have identified youth development, talent identification, playing with the ball, and set pieces as areas of improvements. Jesse mentioned some internal incentives for players especially for set pieces.

- CSA is currently trying to organize a development camp, and is currently working to come up with funding for that. Unclear if it is a camp poutine style camp in January or something more akin to the European camp the past summer with more first team players. 

- Jesse mentioned that Kevin is working to increase TV viewership and exposure for the team. Mentioned he was a little disappointed with the viewership numbers of the US friendly. 

There are probably things in there that other people would find interesting that I missed.

One other thing, I'm very impressed with Cornelius here (this is the first time I've heard him speak in any significant length), such a well spoken, mature, intelligent player and person.

Gotta love the little nod that Jesse gives at 10:16 towards Cornelius. You can tell that Jesse is really pushing these guys to take on bigger roles in the game in this country. Not only towards what Cornelius said but also I think to how he handled the question, as you can see he's maturing off the pitch as well, and you know Jesse is all about that. I really think Marsch has taken the torch incredibly well from Herdman. Same level of energy but a higher standard and higher level of professionalism in himself and in the players. Basically exactly what we all knew we needed.

Looks like a great crowd for a Tuesday friendly with higher pricing than I was expecting.

Grey section equals sold out section

Light Blue equals under approx 20 tickets available

Blue means tickets available. But it looks to be the back three rows available

Looks like all tickets $40 are sold

75% of the $60 tickets sold

A couple $72 tickets still available

$85 tickets gone

And about 15 of the $175 tickets available

I would expect all the rest to be gone by gametime. It is 3am now.

All tickets were released except the top 20 rows on the 203-211 side

Also bumped up the RFD thread to see if we can get a full house tonight

Screenshot_20241015_032306_Ticketmaster.jpg

Edited by blueseeka

5 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Looks like a great crowd for a Tuesday friendly with higher pricing than I was expecting.

Grey section equals sold out section

Light Blue equals under approx 20 tickets available

Blue means tickets available. But it looks to be the back three rows available

Looks like all tickets $40 are sold

75% of the $60 tickets sold

A couple $72 tickets still available

$85 tickets gone

And about 15 of the $175 tickets available

I would expect all the rest to be gone by gametime. It is 3am now.

All tickets were released except the top 20 rows on the 203-211 side

Also bumped up the RFD thread to see if we can get a full house tonight

We need more of this not only for support for our team but because it helps with CSA funding for the teams.

22 000 at an average of $50 per ticket is $1.1 million.  That certainly makes it easier and more worthwhile to host home friendlies.

19 hours ago, narduch said:

Damn that's like 10 minutes from my house. Wish I had of known

18 hours ago, ahmedou said:

It was at Montreal Evangelista Sports of Montreal last Friday. It wasn't at the Evangelista Sports of Toronto.

Damn that's like 15 minutes from my house. Wish I had known😁