Friendly match: Canada vs Panama - Tuesday, October 15th - 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

14 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Got tickets for the Montreal practice but wonder why they didnt add an Allstate kids day here so that our kids could get some facetime with players etc like in toronto.  
Allstate should be a road show 

assuming it will be hard for all kids to get signatures next Wednesday 

Are you referring to the Allstate Soccer Show? If so it is a for profit event run by an event company with collaboration for the CSA. They have done shows outside of Toronto but the main reason is to return profit to the event organizer so that will always determine the frequency and location.

25 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Got tickets for the Montreal practice but wonder why they didnt add an Allstate kids day here so that our kids could get some facetime with players etc like in toronto.  
Allstate should be a road show 

assuming it will be hard for all kids to get signatures next Wednesday 

''CANMNT will also host a unique opportunity for fans to watch a Men’s National Team open training session at Stade Saputo on Wednesday 9 October afternoon. Players will be available for autographs and photos with fans at the end of the session.'' 

;) 

26 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm not a super fan of Osorio, but every time you post I want to see him do extra well just to piss you off.

I'll tell Osorio to sign a paper and write ''for my biggest fan Anthony''. And I'mma take a picture of Osorio with the signed paper ''for my biggest fan Anthony''. Just to piss off Anthony #007.

2 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Are you referring to the Allstate Soccer Show? If so it is a for profit event run by an event company with collaboration for the CSA. They have done shows outside of Toronto but the main reason is to return profit to the event organizer so that will always determine the frequency and location.

Are you sure it’s not profit maker for CSA?

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm not a super fan of Osorio, but every time you post I want to see him do extra well just to piss you off.

Same goes for every player on my end.  That's kinda the point, no?  Bottom line we should all want the same thing, each and every player that wears the CANMNT shirt at his best regardless of club and birth city.  I want nothing more than every player I've been critical of to prove me wrong.  I'm critical because I expect and want them to be better, not cause I want them to fail.

But ya, we've seen a few guys on here just rooting for their own affiliations.

34 minutes ago, costarg said:

Same goes for every player on my end.  That's kinda the point, no?

True. I want the team to collectively do well, but I meant in the sense that if somehow we get a 3-0 win, I'd want Osorio to be involved in all three goals and for all of them to be golaso goals or spectacular assisting passes.

Something beyond the expected or statistical norm.

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

True. I want the team to collectively do well, but I meant in the sense that if somehow we get a 3-0 win, I'd want Osorio to be involved in all three goals and for all of them to be golaso goals or spectacular assisting passes.

Something beyond the expected or statistical norm.

Oh ya, I get it.  I meant to explain I don't understand a fan putting his own personal bias in the way of a specific player succeeding and achieving what we all "should, in theory" want.   

2 hours ago, Ruud said:

Are you sure it’s not profit maker for CSA?

Having been present at the last two as one of the Voyageurs working our booth, no.  They don’t sell anything and the cost of having a booth is not insignificant.  It is a PR exercise for them and a way to spread the gospel of the work of the Vs.

I’ll never understand hating a player that is representing Canada.  I understand people having favourites on the program and I also understand people having an opinion that maybe some players aren’t up to the level of our program.  
I have favourites and I have opinions on who I feel should and maybe shouldn’t be on our rosters.  But I don’t know how any true fan of Canada can actually root against players?  
There are some fans here that seem to enjoy actively cheering against our players and enjoy watching them struggle.  I’ll never understand that.

Edited by Corazon

2 hours ago, ahmedou said:

TFC players against Montreal = My ennemies

TFC players playing with Canada = My friends

All the Canada Soccer players are my friends 

I even have a hard time with the first one.  For me CANMNT is really my number 1 team ahead of any club.  Even though Montreal - as far as MLS goes - is technically my 1a team, TFC and VWC being my 1b teams.  I still cheer for any Canadian and even a few others that score vs MTL.  I do have exceptions for the classless and disrespectful guys like Felipe Martins and Altidore, I just can't like them even while supporting the team, thankfully they're not Canadians.

Edited by costarg

On 10/2/2024 at 1:08 PM, InglewoodJack said:

I do wonder if this means Davies as a winger. We have Adekugbe and Bassong and LBs now. Sam will have to play eventually for us, and Marsch might want a look at Bassong, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Davies plays at least some time up front.

Totally onboard with Davies as winger for this window, its the right time to try it.

Just now, costarg said:

I even have a hard time with the first one.  For me CANMNT is really my number 1 team ahead of any club.  Even though Montreal - as far as MLS goes - is technically my 1a team, TFC and VWC being my 1b teams.  I still cheer for any Canadian and even a few others that score vs MTL.  I do have exceptions for the classless and disrespectful guys like Felipe Martins and Altidore, I just can't like them even while supporting the team.

That is me - but probably even more so.  I cheered for TFC since they were the original, but that was because of what it meant for Canadian soccer since I don’t have any geographical affiliation with any of them.  It is the same as most European teams - I don’t have a forever team because it depends where the Nats are playing at any given time.  I have always been CMNT first and foremost, and with CF Montreal now playing more Canadians (and lots of younger Canadians) I have switched my focus to them - I will prioritize watching their games whereas I used to do that with TFC.  

12 minutes ago, costarg said:

I even have a hard time with the first one.  For me CANMNT is really my number 1 team ahead of any club.  Even though Montreal - as far as MLS goes - is technically my 1a team, TFC and VWC being my 1b teams.  I still cheer for any Canadian and even a few others that score vs MTL.  I do have exceptions for the classless and disrespectful guys like Felipe Martins and Altidore, I just can't like them even while supporting the team, thankfully they're not Canadians.

You're a true Canadian fan. Respect.

It's nice to know that Montreal is your favorite Canadian team. You're on the right side lol. 

Just got my tickets for the game. Noticed ticketmaster has added a Friends and Family discount to most of the tickets still available. I ended up with 2nd row tickets which normally sold for $72 and I got them for $40 each. To find the discount offer, switch view to switch to map to select seats.

Tickets look like they have sold very well. Most tickets are now sold for the bottom sections with a bunch sold in the opened upper bowl.

Screenshot_20241004_003159_Ticketmaster.jpg

Edited by blueseeka

7 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Tickets look like they have sold very well. Most tickets are now sold for the bottom sections with a bunch sold in the opened upper bowl.

I’m not sure “very well” is the term I’d use as the upper east deck isn’t even open for sales, but they are on track to fill up most of the original stadium.

Hopefully this sneaky price drop speeds sales up a bit.

15 hours ago, Corazon said:

There are some fans here that seem to enjoy actively cheering against our players and enjoy watching them struggle.  I’ll never understand that.

I am afraid you are being naive to the deep psychological syllogistics of that phenomena. 

There are two kinds of hatred which exist. One is the “counterpoint of life“. It is rational hatred, aroused by an attack on life, freedom, country, some person or institution we love. Such hatred is necessary for winning a war against aggression. “People must love what they are defending, in order to hate their attackers effectively.”

The other kind of hatred, which is called “character-conditioned”, leads to tremendous irrational hatred and destructiveness which could only be expressed in small doses before something larger offers an outlet.

Psychologists differ in the nomenclature of the condition amongst individual cases but the generally accepted term among psychiatric professionals is.......asshole

15 hours ago, Corazon said:

I’ll never understand hating a player that is representing Canada.  I understand people having favourites on the program and I also understand people having an opinion that maybe some players aren’t up to the level of our program.  
I have favourites and I have opinions on who I feel should and maybe shouldn’t be on our rosters.  But I don’t know how any true fan of Canada can actually root against players?  

I think there are some deeper issues that are completely unrelated to soccer.