Friendly match: Canada vs Panama - Tuesday, October 15th - 7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific - Toronto

Canada vs Panama
Friendly match
Tuesday, October 15, 2024
7:30pm Eastern / 4:30pm Pacific
BMO Field, Toronto

Tickets in the General Section: https://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/1000610E801F1078
Tickets with the Voyageurs in the south end: https://www.thevoyageurs.org/tickets/

Broadcast in Canada:
OneSoccer (online)

Canada's roster: TBD

Panama's roster: TBD

Weather: TBD

Referee: TBD

Notes:
- This match will have enough of an effect on our CONCACAF ranking to change the seeding for November's matches.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Man this game is really creeping up on us! Just two weeks basically, meaning we should have a roster drop soon, maybe as soon as late this week?

Here is my 26 man squad:

GK - Crepeau (Portland)

GK - St. Clair (Minnesota)

GK - Sirois (Montreal)

LB - Davies (Bayern Munich)

LB - Adekugbe (Vancouver)

RB - Johnston (Celtic)

RB - Laryea (Toronto)

CB - Cornelius (Marseille)

CB - Miller (Portland)

CB - Bombito (Nice)

CB - Waterman (Montreal)

CM - Eustaquio (Porto)

CM - Kone (Marseille) - assuming he is fit

CM - Choiniere (Grasshopper)

CM - Sigur (Hajduk Split)

CM - Saliba (Montreal)

RM - Ahmed (Vancouver)

RM - Stroud (DC United)

RM - Afrifa (Kansas City)

LM - Schaffleburg (Nashville)

LM - Millar (Hull City)

F - David (Lille)

F - Larin (Mallorca)

F - Oluwaseyi (Minnesota)

F - Russel-Rowe (Columbus)

F - Kulenovic (Heracles)

Notes:

- new faces are Kulenovic and Stroud, who is rumored to be eligible.

- Stroud is 28. I would lean to younger players, but he is in his prime this cycle.

- if we go with a 23 man squad, I would drop Stroud, Waterman, and Afrifa

- only dropping Waterman as I understand he's been out of the MTL lineup.

- ZBG gets an honorable mention. Considered him over Stroud.

- Osorio gets a mention too, can and probably will be in the team.

- Hard to imagine dropping him, but if so Stroud or Afrifa get axed, or no Kulenovic.

- there are going to be new faces though, Kulenovic seems most likely, or Stroud.

Credit to @Obinna for adding Stroud, interesting. 

My feeling is that in a critical week for MLS, we have to be a bit careful about who we call up.

Both clubs of the keepers have a break, both Portland and Minnesota, so that would include Tani and Miller as well. 

TFC will have finished their [regular?] season so fire at will. Montreal as well.

Whitecaps don't break, nor do Crew, the only two teams with Canadians still with 4 games to play in MLS. So if Adekugbe, Ahmed and JRR are not called in, that would be logical considering they are vying for a better playoff spot in both cases.

49 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Credit to @Obinna for adding Stroud, interesting. 

My feeling is that in a critical week for MLS, we have to be a bit careful about who we call up.

Both clubs of the keepers have a break, both Portland and Minnesota, so that would include Tani and Miller as well. 

TFC will have finished their [regular?] season so fire at will. Montreal as well.

Whitecaps don't break, nor do Crew, the only two teams with Canadians still with 4 games to play in MLS. So if Adekugbe, Ahmed and JRR are not called in, that would be logical considering they are vying for a better playoff spot in both cases.

Montreal actually has their last match on the 19th, TFC is the only team not playing on decision day due to the odd number of teams right now.

14 minutes ago, freshprinceofmtl said:

Montreal actually has their last match on the 19th, TFC is the only team not playing on decision day due to the odd number of teams right now.

You could be in the lineup on the 15th and then be back immediately, morning of the 16th, train two days before the match. It is actually what a lot of internationals will do that window, play a weekday, be back in league play on the weekend. With far more travel involved in some cases, because Montreal plays at home. But if there's a match two days before, as Whitecaps have, there is no possibility at all.

I did miscalculate in my own head a bit because I get shown game times in my European zone and they come up as the 20th.

TBH surprised it’s Poku and Tani and not JRR. I hope Poku gets some time in the field, curious tk see what he’s got for us. Tani, I don’t think he has played much since last window, but he’s gotten so close to scoring, it makes sense.

No Miller, no Piette, still. We’re getting farther and farther from the WCQ roster, this is a radically different team.

wow that's more turnover than I thought we'd see. Looks like Bair is healthy, which is good. Wonder if he and Tani are still preferred to Ugbo, or perhaps Ugbo is extending his absence on his own accord. Would have liked to see a forward rotated out for Kulenovic. Dissapointed we never called ZBG with Johnston getting a break. Finally, I like rotating Kamal out. He hasn't done anything wrong, but it allows us to look at other options.