Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Final - Vancouver Whitecaps v Toronto FC - September 25, 2024

Overall it wasn't a great match and I can see why these teams struggled to dispatch CPL sides with a fraction of the payroll, in saying that Bernardeschi is a class above, it is amazing how much space he is afforded given the known danger he presents! I don't watch every Caps match but I see why some fans note that Ahmed plays better in a Canada shirt, he wasn't poor but not the stand out he is with our Nats! The attendance was disappointing to me, looks like Forge had one of the better actual crowds with fans in the stands for the first leg vsTFC!

1 hour ago, Mihairokov said:

When they showed his reaction after Thompson's miss this is what came to mind. Bernardeschi was the one speaking in the scrum before pens and I got the impression he let the players figure it out. The look he gave after Thompson missed was something close to "of course he would".

I'm sure Herdman must have had a moment to talk as well, but I didn't like the looks of that. Probably due to the "let the players figure it out" past he had with Davies' penalty at the World Cup. It did look like maybe players were getting picked in that moment with Herdman standing in the circle, silent, like he's a water boy or something. I've always felt like the coach needs to pick the players, but each individual player gets to veto if they do not feel up to it.

• 2 weeks later...