Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Final - Vancouver Whitecaps v Toronto FC - September 25, 2024

2 hours ago, Kingston said:

Prediction:  2-1 TFC in a stunning upset.  Kerr, Laryea, and Osorio rise to the occasion as Canadians playing in our tournament and Vancouver has a hard time focusing as they're more invested in the league playoff chase.

I don't think the Whitecaps will have a hard time focusing. I do think they'll have a hard time scoring and defending. They don't break teams down very well, even poor ones. They're not good at home. They have not been able to rise to the occasion in big moments this year (home opener was a draw, 50th anniversary was a scoreless draw, Miami was a loss to a Miami B team).

Totally uneducated opinion but I'm having a hard time imagining the 'Caps not walking away with this one.  And I mean walking.

There's always next year.  TFC should stitch that into their crest.

(Valour would but they're too honest to give out false hope like that).

2 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Totally uneducated opinion but I'm having a hard time imagining the 'Caps not walking away with this one.  And I mean walking.

There's always next year.  TFC should stitch that into their crest.

(Valour would but they're too honest to give out false hope like that).

I hear what you are saying but I am still thinking this one does have upset potential.  The TFC back line play is suspect, for sure, but they have some big time attacking game breakers there and it is a one off match.  I will stick with upset.

14 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

What are the odds of something like this happening again:

or this:

Slim to none. Vancouver has threats all throughout the squad. I expect a comfortable win from them. TFC players are probably exhausted right now. Add in the injuries with no one really in form, I can see a flat TFC. Players like Flores & Owusu looked completely checked out in Colorado. They want this season over quicker than anyone.