Match Thread: September 6, 2024 - Vancouver FC v York United

Just now, Big_M said:

37'🟨chung...makes a tackle and beaudoin doesnt initial call it but then the player screams and rolls and she whistles and on top gives a card

mistake! chung didnt get a card it was ghotbi who got it for complaining after the call

Great night for a game!  It's my first game in a while, and the ammenities seem a lot better.  The walk up to have your ticket scanned was big and well done, the food options were more interesting, and they seemed to have some more beer options/places under the main stand.  The screen was an excellent addition, and a person next to me said they will put it on the grassy knoll on the opposite end of the stadium but weren't able to get the footings done in time.  Seems like it could be the case.  But the stadium experience just keeps getting better for me - it is a great little place to watch a game.  While it definitely looks like a pop-up stadium, it doesn't feel like it.  

On the pitch, boy, that wasn't so good.  I saw a lot of heavy touches from VFC, needless giveaways, and what felt like an inability to threaten whatsoever.  At no point did it seem likely we would score.  It all just felt very clumsy out there, which is too bad.  Well done to York, they seemed solid.

I was sitting behind the York bench, and their manager had more than a few moments where he had some things to say or gestures towards a group of fans in my section.  Not nasty, more playful chirping and done with a smile.  There were some Spanish speakers decked out in York gear - one or more families - and perhaps he was directing at them, but it seemed more like he was giving it to a few VFC supporters.  He seems like a character - dare I say a personality.  What's he like with a mic?