Match Thread: Voyageurs Cup - Semi-Finals - Leg 2 - Vancouver Whitecaps v Pacific - August 27, 2024

9 minutes ago, Big_M said:

has what was probably their only shot on goal lol...ohh just got another one

Naturally, he put in a great cross right after the first post of mine but not nearly good enough overall, not even for CPL, imo.

No killer instinct from the Caps. Predictable defending resulted I two breakaways that would have been buried by better teams. No finish at the other end to seal it away. A fairly lackluster and dreadful game to attend, and the Whitecaps sucked any enthusiasm out of the crowd with their play in the 2nd half.

3 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Adekugbe up top. Ahmed on the bench. Vanni is a moron.

Adekugbe had a few nice crosses, but it wasn't a great performance. Of course, he's out of position as well. Ahmed came in and looked dangerous, but the final play to help put the game away eluded him.

9 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Adekugbe had a few nice crosses, but it wasn't a great performance. Of course, he's out of position as well. Ahmed came in and looked dangerous, but the final play to help put the game away eluded him.

Is there a reason that Sartini insists that Adekugbe is a left winger instead of a left back?

15 minutes ago, RS said:

Is there a reason that Sartini insists that Adekugbe is a left winger instead of a left back?

He initially played him up front earlier this year because he wanted to get Adekugbe some playing time and the regulars were healthy in the back/midfield. I'll assume it's a similar situation now, but Vanni also gets it in his head that "this player should be playing here" despite all evidence to the contrary.