Friendly match: USA vs Canada - Saturday, September 7th - 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific - Kansas City, Kansas

Congrats. Another great milestone and breaking the away record that's stood since 1957!

First half was some of the best, cleanest football we have played in a good while. We definitely tired and were lucky with how shite the US was.

States under Poch will be fun and good for Concacaf. Likely not great for us but all will be roses until they lose under him. 

Just now, Bison44 said:

Hard for the americans to whine that we didnt deserve our success at COPA, now that we have beaten them at home.  Doesnt pass the smell test!! 

Don't worry, I'm sure they will find a way. Early candidates include "Ref sucked!", "Canada has no class and went down too easily!", and "We are missing our top players and this is their A team!". 

Think we better finishing we beat them by more. Even at the end we were killing them on 1v1’s, we just need to learn to be comfortable going at them. We aren’t used to being able to beat guys and I think we lack confidence in those situations 

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

KJ explaining how important Larin is to this squad.  I hope people are listening.  Yes, I am quite concerned he’s not scoring.  But he had a fantastic game.

Larin does great stuff.  And he does work with David well. Buuuut...is he really gonna be paired with David in 2026?  Starting WC matches?  I cannot imagine he will, with the logjam behind him, and new looks simply have to be tested and tested alot.

At the same time, a lot of other things are being tested out, in different areas of the pitch.  So, some consistency in places is not unappreciated.  I trust the coaching staff, they've done well.

I'll just say...it's a GOOD problem to have, not a bad one.

9 minutes ago, frattinator said:

Don't worry, I'm sure they will find a way. Early candidates include "Ref sucked!", "Canada has no class and went down too easily!", and "We are missing our top players and this is their A team!". 

Or we didn't deserve to win because we only scored 2 goals

The teamwork in the upfield press is the key to our attack and our success right now.  We scored both goals from pressured or simply poor giveaways (notably Ream's egregious play on the second).

I thought Bombito was a stud out there and with Davies also showing  his elite recovery speed, it gives us some more dimensions defensively.

6 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Davies though.. wtf? If you asked a stranger to point out our golden boy they would never pick him. 

He played his position well..he doesnt need to put on a show every game.  We all rag on him when he starts to play hero ball and do too much....good solid game, mb next game he goes on a 60 yard scamper to set up a larin tap in eh??  

Just now, Bison44 said:

He played his position well..he doesnt need to put on a show every game.  We all rag on him when he starts to play hero ball and do too much....good solid game, mb next game he goes on a 60 yard scamper to set up a larin tap in eh??  

I’ve said this in the past. I can appreciate a clean game but he had a lot of loose stuff out there. He can be better for us. 

Just now, Bison44 said:

He did the job that he was tasked to do and he did it very well.

10 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Larin played well.  Should've scored but his place in the team is his until Tani or someone else starts scoring in their sub minutes....

Yes he did play well and was involved a lot in the winning goal but he  has to score to take the pressure off David who is being asked to do a lot more than score. While I agree that Tani hasn't scored either, the option may be to use another attacking mid and push David higher with 3CMs. Kone, or Oso could fill that role and possibly Ahmed. I would also like to see what JRR could do in Larin's spot. He is scoring in sub mins for his club