Friendly match: USA vs Canada - Saturday, September 7th - 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific - Kansas City, Kansas

6 hours ago, Kadenge said:

I would just tell reporters in advance that no player/coach will respond to any questions re drones and to speak to the CSA. 

The truly bewildering thing for me was Priestman then Blue making these preemptive confessions, clearly without legal advice but eager to spill all, when any fool should know you shut up a bit.

Herdman, at least, thought it through and was discreet; the former CSA execs the same.

The only women's team players to yap have open grudges with Priestman. 

Big sports day for me tomorrow.  The Banjo Bowl will be broadcast OTA on CTV tomorrow at 3 EST (a big thing for this hard core cord cutter) and then Canada vs US at 4 EST.  Worst case scenario is watching a stream on Telemundo for the soccer but I should be able to get something better by hook or crook (usually do)

Might even figure out how to do picture in picture on the TV, never bothered with it before

4 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

In the spirit of TSN reporting I was in the middle of meeting today and I stopped someone midspeak to ask them before going any further could they please address the "drone scandal" I mean honestly does anything else matter at this point. People are clamoring for answers. And by "people" I mean nobody, nowhere 

I like Scianetti, but I hope he's got a corporate gun to his head for refusing to let this go, otherwise how embarrassing for him to be focusing on this senasationalizing nonsense when there are so many more interesting stories around the team to focus on.

7 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Big sports day for me tomorrow.  The Banjo Bowl will be broadcast OTA on CTV tomorrow at 3 EST (a big thing for this hard core cord cutter) and then Canada vs US at 4 EST.  Worst case scenario is watching a stream on Telemundo for the soccer but I should be able to get something better by hook or crook (usually do)

Might even figure out how to do picture in picture on the TV, never bothered with it before

So you're not watching Hans Nieman vs Magnus live?

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So you're not watching Hans Nieman vs Magnus live?

I had to look that up.  My algorithmic bubble didn't allow it in.

Off topic:  has anyone else been surprised by news happening that you didn't know about until much later.

This happened to me recently when I found out about the Nelons dying in a plane crash.  If you are a Southern Gospel music fan the Nelon legacy is legend.  For some reason a Family Feud clip came through my bubble and I saw them.  Apparently Steve Harvey didn't know them (surprised a producer didn't tell him).  They (the first three on the left) died a few months after the show aired.  The other daughter who was pregnant wasn't on the plane.

They sing for Steve and then answer unashamedly a very strange Feud question

Point being sometimes news can pass you by.  That is often the reason why I post videos and news as a reminder.

The problem is that the drone scandal is indeed a serious story in the sense that there are a ton of sports fans in Canada who still treat soccer as a joke and our national program as at best useless and at worst an embarrassment. “Canada soccer cheats” is in the same category as when a WNBA player says/does something dumb and you have an entire news cycle of people needing to remind you that women aren’t as strong as men, women’s sports is dumb, etc. Reaffirming their priors. 

I mean, our guys are getting asked more pointed questions about whether or not they saw footage of Honduas’ formation in 2021 than players who played with those 5 hockey players who sexually assaulted that woman and what they knew about it, when they knew, so on. 

12 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

The problem is that the drone scandal is indeed a serious story in the sense that there are a ton of sports fans in Canada who still treat soccer as a joke and our national program as at best useless and at worst an embarrassment.

Unfortunately from my experience on soccer boards over the years, many of those people are supposed soccer "fans" just not of this country.  I will say though the situation has got better over the years.

27 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Unfortunately from my experience on soccer boards over the years, many of those people are supposed soccer "fans" just not of this country.  I will say though the situation has got better over the years.

That's a big portion too, especially the casuals that tune in every 4 years because some country they may/may not have ties to is dominant, vs. people who are fans all year round and happen to support a national team that their family have ties to. 

Then there's the Canadians with absolutely zero ties to south america who rock the Argentina shirt and have all sorts of insightful things to say about Canadian Soccer and our national teams.