Friendly match: USA vs Canada - Saturday, September 7th - 4pm Eastern / 1pm Pacific - Kansas City, Kansas

48 minutes ago, Obinna said:

CSA deserve credit for getting this roster out early and before USA and Mexico.

Why credit? Aside from satisfying us, the handful of obsessed nerds on this site, I don't see any advantage or disadvantage to the roster announcement. Actually, it gives us more time to tear apart the roster.

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

Why credit? Aside from satisfying us, the handful of obsessed nerds on this site, I don't see any advantage or disadvantage to the roster announcement. Actually, it gives us more time to tear apart the roster.

It is for us though. Most casuals know like half these guys, so it’s cool that Canada Soccer have realized that there are people out there who actually care about this sort of thing enough to spend a news cycle discussing it. 

On 8/27/2024 at 9:33 AM, Mihairokov said:

Have to imagine we see Miller or Waterman in the second half. Can't see Bombito and Cornelius going the full ninety.

I would rather not see Waterman, frankly, based on what I am seeing from him at the moment.

Is LDF being left off due to a pending club move?  If not, I am curious as to why he is not in the squad.

Love the call ups. Afrifa and Saliba.

Marsch seems willing to call in young newer players and see what they have in camp. If they are willing to get provincially captied early in their careers, you take it.

Herdman has his 21 out of 23 always the same.  You wonder if people like Aidan Morris and Mitrovic would of not slipped though the cracks.

On 8/28/2024 at 7:19 AM, Obinna said:

CSA deserve credit for getting this roster out early and before USA and Mexico.

On 8/28/2024 at 8:12 AM, Sal333 said:

Why credit?

Because it's cool to have us release a roster much earlier than everyone else for once.

The USA just released theirs this afternoon:

https://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2024/09/us-mens-national-soccer-team-roster-players-2024-september-friendlies

1 hour ago, Strait Red said:

This is interesting, I guess they haven’t sewn up Pochettino yet.

This isn't news; it's exactly what was expected:

On 8/26/2024 at 9:40 AM, frattinator said:

“Mauricio Pochettino and his staff are expected to join the U.S. men’s national team for their friendly...U.S. Soccer continues to work on finalizing the Pochettino deal.“

On 8/26/2024 at 12:05 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

From my understanding he will be present but in a learning capacity, to give him time to adjust.

This squad composition proves some obvious assumptions. 

Heibert was called up primarily as lb coverage and is unlikely to get called up any time soon… even in an injury crisis. 

cm depth is doing what cb did pre copa. Kone staq sigur saliba oso can be our main 5 with loturi, Fraser, Piette, Mak, smith, Combria all providing (arguably) enough ability to fill out the last roster spots in a pinch(or on trajectory to get to that level).  

Each position is filled with enough quality and depth now. sure there’s a drop off when u lose a Davies but we aren’t reliant on anyone in particular.

Lb is our primary concern as the funnel for young guys is weakest at this position.