Streaming - How/where to watch our CANMNT club players

Public service announcement:  Quick way to save $80 on Fubo for the year.....  cancel before renewing at the new $280 yearly rate and you'll get an email offering the year for only $200.  Like 30% savings!

Not sure if this is the suitable way to post, but could be helpful information.  @Admin feel free to delete or move if needed.

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

Geeze $200...for just Fubo!

I'll stick to the free streaming. 

I wouldn't say "just Fubo".  There is a lot of high level soccer in the subscription.

image.png.95518299b762b48ba5234cd7d7cfb5f6.png

But ya, I know what you mean.  Personally I have IPTV for me which includes all the streaming apps, thousands of channels, sports and movies for less than $200/yr.  I get Fubo for my Dad, he's a little old and struggles with the IPTV menu.  Fubo is a lot easier for him and he NeEEeEDs Serie A.

I'm just glad my gamble actually worked out.  I knew I was gonna renew for my Dad, I had to.  I figured like most streaming apps they might send an offer if I cancelled instead of renewing, I was very pleasantly surprised with the 30% savings.  I didn't expect that much. 

4 minutes ago, costarg said:

I wouldn't say "just Fubo".  There is a lot of high level soccer in the subscription.

But ya, I know what you mean.  Personally I have IPTV for me which includes all the streaming apps, thousands of channels, sports and movies for less than $200/yr.  I get Fubo for my Dad, he's a little old and struggles with the IPTV menu.  Fubo is a lot easier for him and he NeEEeEDs Serie A.

I'm just glad my gamble actually worked out.  I knew I was gonna renew for my Dad, I had to.  I figured like most streaming apps they might send an offer if I cancelled instead of renewing, I was very pleasantly surprised with the 30% savings.  I didn't expect that much. 

We just started with IPTV as well and am pretty happy with the access it provides - but it is a bit of a moral dilemma for me when it comes to OneSoccer.  I can get everything I want on the IPTV but OS is the one platform I feel like I should give my $ to. I can’t support a CPL team by buying tickets so I always viewed my OS/Fubo subscription as a way of supporting the overall endeavor. I figure if people like me don’t support the league financially, the whole project is probably screwed.   

I ultimately tuned out the bickering about OS/CBS/CSA so I may wait to see what the landscape looks like when the dust settles and then subscribe to whatever 🇨🇦 footy platform emerges when everything is stable. 

2 hours ago, costarg said:

I got my 87 yo grandma using the iptv all thanks to Tivimate. It's worth the initial investment. 

image.thumb.jpg.73ec3b4934d853654f9eb0c73fb82500.jpg

There's not a game I'll miss that I wanted to watch. 

This isn't a judgement on anyone (shit is getting expensive) but it's why when people start saying "cord cutting is up! streaming is the wave of the future", it's not false but it doesn't mean people are *paying* for the streaming service.  The streaming services themselves seem to be hitting a bit of a crunch, with increased costs and reduced content, and some companies looking to bail.

3 minutes ago, jordan said:

He still pays for Fubo/Apple/Dazn, uses the IPtV for other leagues

I get it. It's for other TV as well.

But that also makes it sound like it doesn't have everything 

Edited by narduch

10 minutes ago, narduch said:

I get it. It's for other TV as well.

But that also makes it sound like it doesn't have everything 

My neighbors package seems to have all the streaming services in existence.  Dazn, Fubo, BeIN, Apple, Disney, Netflix, Sky, Paramount, on top of movies, channels from all over the world...

I’ve pretty much stopped watching the Premier League because I already pay for DAZN (Bundesliga), One Soccer and Hearts TV plus basic Bell Fibe TV.  But that’s still over $1,500 a year which is really really expensive in my opinion.  Thank goodness One Football still is free.

40 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm curious how much you guys pay for IPTV.

Part of my resistance is I hate paying for anything pirated. No matter how small the outlay

$144 per year.  And I get the resistance re pirating.  But at some point (about 2 months ago) I got fed up with Bell’s bullshit.   Constant price hikes, options that don’t really suit my needs, blocking OneSoccer’s access to market, and a monthly bill that was around $250/month AFTER I had negotiated loyalty incentives.  I still need an internet pipeline and haven’t cancelled with them completely yet but I refuse to be beholden to them any more.   And in the background of all this is a massively fragmented streaming landscape that serves consumers poorly.   

Obviously everyone has to make their own choice but I a comfortable with the decision given the gouging I was subject to.   And I still currently maintain Netflix and Fubo subs for the time being out of habit/loyalty.  

6 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

What subscription are people on for FUBO?

I am on Canadian Quarterly but the price charged has been all over the place the last two payments.

I did annual.  As that price goes up I suspect I will be considering options when it comes up for renewal.  

27 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

What subscription are people on for FUBO?

I am on Canadian Quarterly but the price charged has been all over the place the last two payments.

I'm paying $225+tax for the year. I renewed yesterday. I wasn't planning to but all of a sudden after a summer of watching Euro's and Copa my kid is hooked. He begged me.

That was after I didn't renew at $280+tax a few months ago.

I'm jealous of Nam's $150.

Edited by narduch

I realize it's all divided a bit differently in the US, but it's also a good indication of why MLS choosing Apple (essentially stand-alone for soccer) is such a poor choice. I know I've had friends say they'd sign up for Apple if it was their regular shows + MLS, but they can't justify just MLS and end up with neither.

28 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I realize it's all divided a bit differently in the US, but it's also a good indication of why MLS choosing Apple (essentially stand-alone for soccer) is such a poor choice. I know I've had friends say they'd sign up for Apple if it was their regular shows + MLS, but they can't justify just MLS and end up with neither.

I have Apple only to watch MLS and I hate it.

56 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

$144 per year.  And I get the resistance re pirating.  But at some point (about 2 months ago) I got fed up with Bell’s bullshit.   Constant price hikes, options that don’t really suit my needs, blocking OneSoccer’s access to market, and a monthly bill that was around $250/month AFTER I had negotiated loyalty incentives.  I still need an internet pipeline and haven’t cancelled with them completely yet but I refuse to be beholden to them any more.   And in the background of all this is a massively fragmented streaming landscape that serves consumers poorly.  

Boy, do I need to talk to you.  Looks like we are in a very similar dilemma.

I am overpaying for my Bell Internet, I despise Rogers but they may be my only option.

Bell wants to bundle TV to get something cheaper, I don't want TV, I make my own TV by combining the best of the FAST channels. I get all the CBC and PBS FAST channels.  I get all the US FAST news channels.  CNN International during PrimeTime is the actual CNN.  I have all the history and documentary channels I like. I don't need paid for TV.

In fact I have so much stuff (movies/docs) saved on massive hard drives, I wouldn't need TV or Internet again.  But I need Internet for email, doing the taxes and I order groceries online.  I suppose I could try to get Internet when I needed it by going to local places that have it but I wouldn't want to do transactions like that.

In the olden days I used to have free dialup which wasn't that bad but I got a deal to go DSL and switched, same with Fiber.

I need help