Match Thread: August 4, 2024 - Valour v Forge

47 minutes ago, jonovision said:

https://canpl.ca/article/preview-valour-fc-vs-forge-fc-2024-match-65

Alarcon returns from suspension, while Ohin is out due to yellow card accumulation. Juan Pablo Sanchez expected to be available. Interesting to see how will start in midfield with Dante Campbell.

I expect Alarcon to start at RB moving Campbell to MF in Ohin's place.  Likely the only change.

PDS will not start Sanchez his 1st game back meaning Mlah will start again.  Next game with Ohin back and Sanchez potentially start ready then Mlah (and Verhoeven) will move down the depthchart.  Don't see anyone in that list challenging for Deogo's AM spot.

Faria needs to produce and Swibel has not scored in a long while.  If they do not score soon Binate (after his long range goal) and Kwemi should take their spots.

Sill no updates on Williams and Polisi :(

3 hours ago, K Edgar said:

I expect Alarcon to start at RB moving Campbell to MF in Ohin's place.  Likely the only change.

PDS will not start Sanchez his 1st game back meaning Mlah will start again. 

I don't think he's been great but I'm pleased to see that PDS has him ahead of Verhoeven on his depth chart. I can't deal with him constantly having to do awkward half-pivots so he can pay every single pass with his left foot.

Just now, Big_M said:

1-0 halftime...interesting that forge has this many issues at this stadium...they should bring jensen to take advantage of his long shots

Valour just has a good record (by their standards) against Forge. Home and away. Defies all logic.