Olympic Games-Quarter Final: Canada vs Germany -Saturday, August 3rd - 1pm Eastern / 10am Pacific - Stade de Marseille

1 hour ago, The Ref said:

We need to find a pair of half decent goalkeepers.  Sheridan is atrocious and D'Angelo not much better.

Not my take at all. Sheridan's save late in the last group game helped put us in the last eight. Sorry, meant the France game.

Edited by Ed_S

2 hours ago, Ed_S said:

Not my take at all. Sheridan's save late in the last group game helped put us in the last eight. Sorry, meant the France game.

That was not a save, but a fluky ball that bounced off her leg.

1 hour ago, The Ref said:

That was not a save, but a fluky ball that bounced off her leg.

Goalkeeping is about positioning. She was "in position" for the ball to be saved... same as her good save against Germany today. I can't speak to her distribution as I was huddled around a phone with three friends. Goalkeeping did not let the team down. 

Edited by Onelessstar

26 minutes ago, Onelessstar said:

Goalkeeping is about positioning. She was "in position" for the ball to be saved... same as her good save against Germany today. I can't speak to her distribution as I was huddled around a phone with three friends. Goalkeeping did not let the team down. 

You are totally correct that goalkeeping is about positioning.

CBC PR says peak for the Germany match was 3.4m on CBC/Radio-Canada/RDS. Peak on just CBC was 2.5m during the PKs. This is most watched "moment" for Paris as of Day 10.

CBC also said peak for France match was 1.9m which ranks it 3rd highest "moment". 5th highest was peak of 1.9m at 1658 EDT for Colombia match.

Summer McIntosh races took 2nd, 4th, 6th & 9th places. 7th was Team Canada entrance at Opening Ceremony. 8th was Canada men basketball end of game vs Spain. 10th was Ellie Black's artistic gymnastics performance on Day 4.