Ethan Schilte-Brown

3 hours ago, narduch said:

On Tuesday he played a full 90 for Kilmarnock B in a 4-2 loss to Cowdenbeath in the Challenge Cup.

On Thursday (today) he made the bench for Kilmarnock in their Europa League qualifying match against Cercle Brugge. He did not get into the game.

Killy are super light on senior defenders. They just signed a left back from Ipswich but before that, the 4 that played against Cercle were the sum total of those listed. 

It was Brown and two other academy kids (17 & 19) that made up the defenders' part of the bench 

I assume they would be trying to bring more in. 

They lost to Cercle Brugge but are still in Europe.  They play Tromso (Simon Thomas on the bench there) a week from today in Conference League Third Round Qualifying. 

12 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I'm not a coach so I can't really say what goes through their mind. But like for me, you're getting blown our, and it's the end of the game, why not give a youngster some minutes? 

Like it won't kill you.

He was away for a month, and the team likely did subs with players who will feature against Tromso 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Just now, archer21 said:

Isn't this the guy that Kilmarnock called back before the knockout rounds for our U20? That's a pretty ridiculous decision in hindsight. 

He and us are gettting Dylan Carreiro'd again.

If this ends up leading to him never getting any actual minutes with Kilmarnock I will pray for their downfall as I have done with Dundee since 2015.

2 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Isn't this the guy that Kilmarnock called back before the knockout rounds for our U20? That's a pretty ridiculous decision in hindsight. 

Yes. They called him back to put him on the bench for a few matches.

Probably once they shored up their roster he wasn't needed for the 1st team anymore