Olympic Games: Canada vs Colombia -Wednesday, July 31th - 3pm Eastern / 12pm Pacific - Stade de Nice

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

To all the coaches that betrayed this team and to FIFA:

go fuck yourself GIF by Earwolf

I was going to say that to those who posted that we should make a mockery of the France:  f*ck you, quitters!

Next place to fly the drone is up the asses of the FIFA and IOC committee members. Then after that fly it a few feet above the head of Vanessa Gilles as she hoists the Canadian flag during the closing ceremonies 

Edited by Gian-Luca

Just now, Colonel Green said:

This might unironically be more impressive than the gold medal to me.

In Tokyo, Canada won only 2 games without a shootout and scored 0 goals outside of penalties in the 3 playoff games. So yeah, 3 wins already feels awesome, and that's without counting the extra adversity they faced.

Just now, BearcatSA said:

I was going to say that to those who posted that we should make a mockery of the France:  f*ck you, quitters!

Fair enough!

But if it had been a 7 point deduction,  we should have trolled and shithoused with the force of 15 Panamas.

3 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Half way there in terms of the wins needed for another gold. Show the world the drones were a crutch for a second rate coach hired due to Consett cronyism rather for a team that actually needed to stoop to that to succeed.

Indeed. It only gets harder from here. Germany might not be what they once were, but they'll be tough, and then it's (likely) USA. 

On the bright side, Canada no longer needs to complete their wins inside of 90 minutes.

12 minutes ago, Colonel Green said:

This might unironically be more impressive than the gold medal to me.

For me, definitely. They are playing noticeably better than they did in Tokyo. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that qualifying out of the group, with the -6 and all the craziness going around, is one of the greatest Canadian sports stories ever.

Waiting to see if the prevailing narrative starts to shift to giving any credit to this squad overcoming overwhelmingly negative odds to advance, the likes of which....well, can anyone draw any parallels?  Or will punishment themes endure?

They played awfully well.

45 minutes ago, El Diego said:

For me, definitely. They are playing noticeably better than they did in Tokyo. I don't think it's hyperbole to say that qualifying out of the group, with the -6 and all the craziness going around, is one of the greatest Canadian sports stories ever.

I think we had stiffer competition in the group stage in Tokyo, so it's hard to say if we are playing better this time.  It's amazing how much better you look with more time on the ball.  If we end up going through Germany, USA and Spain/France to win the gold, then I'll concede that we are a better team this time.  We got through Brazil, USA and Sweden last time, which were no slouches.