Match Thread: July 28, 2024 - Pacific v Valour

valour celebrates like they won a championship as they move to 7th 1 point ahead of hfx with hfx having two games in hand on them...and thats one of the things when you let 5 of 8 teams in the playoffs...pacific and cavalry look flat for a large part of the season and valour and hfx just staying in the last two spots and everyone acts like its nothing to lose because in the end they just need a run to get in...how do you come out so flat at home against the dead last team and you score only 13 in 15 games?? and none of these coaches seem in danger because hey we can still make playoffs...we can still have the title of mediocre losing team that finished fifth and act like its good enough

14 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

How did we become so shite? I know we've lost good players every season, but it feels like every goal again will be a surprise 

Same affliction as Cavalry. One of the stingiest teams in the league (the stingiest before today), can't score.

Some guys that have always looked dangerous, against Valour at least, did not look particularly scary today. Heard, Sellouf, etc.

Pacific are still in a pretty good position to make the playoffs.

Pacific will always struggle to score goals in the system that they are playing, to many midfielders that play backwards, and this is from the coaching and how they play.  Need to change they way they play and put actual wingers on to help drive forward

Just now, Big_M said:

think he did the throw in to binate on the third

He also provided the cross that was handled for the penalty. Either would be generous to give as an assist, but I'm sure he's not complaining. Tidy finish on his goal as well, and on his right foot.

2 hours ago, jonovision said:

He also provided the cross that was handled for the penalty. Either would be generous to give as an assist, but I'm sure he's not complaining. Tidy finish on his goal as well, and on his right foot.

They don't hand out assists for penalties