Match Thread: July 28, 2024 - Pacific v Valour

2 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Halfway through the season and we still haven't come close to settling on a formation or midfield. Apart from the backline, every week is a total surprise 

Maybe that is the problem?

If Pacific do not get a result today is Merriman on the hot seat? coaching change has done wonders for York, Pacific has a bunch of good players Merriman has not got the best out of them

25 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Maybe that is the problem?

I don't think its helped

1 minute ago, zaltan said:

If Pacific do not get a result today is Merriman on the hot seat? coaching change has done wonders for York, Pacific has a bunch of good players Merriman has not got the best out of them

I don't expect any change before the end of the season. He's managed reasonable results each season, even though we continually lose our best players. I don't think we have close to the talent and depth in attack as we've had in previous years. 

Last year Manny bailed Pacific out, never went out and got a midfielder that actual plays the ball forward and the system that play does not suit the forwards that he has now 

2 minutes ago, zaltan said:

Last year Manny bailed Pacific out, never went out and got a midfielder that actual plays the ball forward and the system that play does not suit the forwards that he has now 

I certainly wouldn't describe it as bailing the team out, but he played an important role we didn't really replace