Olympic Games: Canada vs France - Sunday, July 28th - 3pm Eastern / 12pm Pacific - Saint-Étienne

I didn't know the game was on today so I'll have to watch the replay.

Before this I was thinking if the players should have a vote on whether to stay or go.  Any self respecting athlete would stay and not quit no matter how small the chance. Then I thought, wouldn't it be something if they could win both games and see if they could somehow finish second and move on.  Then I thought what usually happens in these cases is the rules get changed at the last minute and Canada gets screwed as they change the rule from being goal differential to something else.

I wasn't really worried about France because just as Marie-Philip Poulin is the Yankee Killa, the CWNT has made a career out of breaking French hearts, it seems, even if they are the home team.

So they now still have a chance of writing a great story and flipping a big middle finger to FIFA. 

I want to see it, but they have to get by Colombia first

Who the genius in FIFA found out 6 point is the proper punishment for flying a drone for spying?  As much as the harshest slap on Canada while it still left a lifeline for us to grab. He/she may not see the potential effects on turning on a group of kickass girls. Hell, we don’t even need any bulletin board material now. 

The second half performance was one of the best 45s the women have played, and that's without even including context. I still don't see why Prince gets all these minutes, they always look better without her and it's not like her club form is forcing her to be picked.

I hope this team medals and the staff have the decency to not go up to accept. It's funny to me that Spence et al are out there running the team when they obviously were part of this scheme as well.