Match Thread: July 26, 2024 - York United v Atletico Ottawa

Was at the game, amazing game from the team. Got some luck on the shots off of post and crossbar, but overall it seemed like the game was being played in Ottawa's end. 4-1 win is huge, and I was really shocked at how big the crowd was. I'm used to being able to take a minute to count how many fans are in my section, and the neighboring section. I'm used to seeing several empty consecutive rows, but tonight it felt like there were more seats filled than empty. I am curious what the attendance was. Hopefully I find out in the next month or two. 

58 minutes ago, Kent said:

Was at the game, amazing game from the team. Got some luck on the shots off of post and crossbar, but overall it seemed like the game was being played in Ottawa's end. 4-1 win is huge, and I was really shocked at how big the crowd was. I'm used to being able to take a minute to count how many fans are in my section, and the neighboring section. I'm used to seeing several empty consecutive rows, but tonight it felt like there were more seats filled than empty. I am curious what the attendance was. Hopefully I find out in the next month or two. 

5 hours ago, Kent said:

Let’s keep in mind that some of the attendance problems this club has had since it’s inception has to do with the product on the field . They have been pretty crap since day one. Maybe if you put out a team that is competitive you might just get more than just family and friends of the players coming out to games. 

7 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Let’s keep in mind that some of the attendance problems this club has had since it’s inception has to do with the product on the field . They have been pretty crap since day one. Maybe if you put out a team that is competitive you might just get more than just family and friends of the players coming out to games. 

I would say “middling” rather than crap. Seem to be around 4th to 6th most years. Might have even been 3rd in year 1 or something.