Leagues Cup 2024

12 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

Was the TFC leagues cup match not on TSN? They had the Whitecaps-Wrexham game, San Jose - Guadalajara game but not TFC?

I don't think they have any of the Canadian teams in Leagues Cup. Just picking up whatever Fox is showing down south 

Edit: they are showing Montreal on Tuesday 

Edited by narduch

13 minutes ago, narduch said:

I don't think they have any of the Canadian teams in Leagues Cup. Just picking up whatever Fox is showing down south 

Edit: they are showing Montreal on Tuesday 

I mean all the Leagues Cup matches are being recorded for broadcast for like Apple TV/local markets I presume?...so what Fox decides to show doesn't really matter does it?

5 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

I mean all the Leagues Cup matches are being recorded for broadcast for like Apple TV/local markets I presume?...so what Fox decides to show doesn't really matter does it?

I'm pretty sure Apple dictates to TSN which matches involving Canadian teams they can broadcast. Usually about 1 match per weekend between the 3 teams.

With the Fox games TSN is just rebroadcasting their feed. It's basically no work for them

On 7/27/2024 at 4:04 PM, narduch said:

Doesn't look like the attendances were that great for the Leagues Cup matches yesterday. Below is Atlanta last night.

I can see them having attendance problems. 

For matches between MLS teams, who cares?  It’s a non-league match against a team you already play against. 

For many (most?) MLS markets, a Mexican team is not a draw just because it is a Mexican team.  We enjoy playing the best Mexican teams in the CCC when it matters, but not some random Mexican side for no particularly good reason.

So really it is just a handful of MLS markets in the southern states where the Mexican teams are a legitimate draw.  It is like somebody looked at Los Angeles and the Texas teams and thought hey let’s make a tournament that will work for them.

My hope is that this tournament fades away after a few editions.

Edited by Kingston