Match Thread: July 21, 2024 - Atletico Ottawa v Valour

Really a better result than could have been expected given the situation with suspensions and ongoing injury mess. Mlah, aside from his goal, grew into the game and looks like he could be a useful depth player. Unfortunate to concede so easily and shortly after taking the lead, as the full three points were available.

30 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Really a better result than could have been expected given the situation with suspensions and ongoing injury mess. Mlah, aside from his goal, grew into the game and looks like he could be a useful depth player. Unfortunate to concede so easily and shortly after taking the lead, as the full three points were available.

Mlah had a decent game. But, awarding him "Performance of the Match" seems a bit much. 

Edited by K Edgar

5 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

5527 is very difficult to explain if they don't open the other stand and the endzone sections are clearly less than full. More on that in another thread soon.

Not sure why the Walker substitition is so surprising to Jimmy B. Probably in there for U-21 minutes and could have been messing up their ability to build possession from the back.

I’ll bite.  5527 makes total sense.  Lots of people were in the concourse and behind one of the goals shaded from the intense sun.  See…I (and a few others on this forum) were actually in the stadium.

Antonoglou has received a lot of deserved praise for his playmaking (which surely at this point must account for half of Valour's goal tally) but yesterday wasn't the first time his defending has been exposed. I imagine if Valour had a better left back in the squad Antonoglou might play further up the pitch.

19 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I’ll bite.  5527 makes total sense.  Lots of people were in the concourse and behind one of the goals shaded from the intense sun.  See…I (and a few others on this forum) were actually in the stadium.

Nothing anyone says will change this posters behavior. We've seen decades of slander already