Match Thread: July 18, 2024 - Halifax v Valour

6 minutes ago, Big_M said:

might as well relieve phil and go with an interim trio of ohin bhindi fordyce

Probably what will happen if he does get canned. Ownership won't want to pay two managers for half a season.

A Valour supporters abbreviated DIY match viewing technique.

Or...

How I learned to save myself 89 minutes whilst still experiencing the summation of watching the entirety of a Valour match in 2024.

Prerequisites: 

1).  One cigarette, cigar or similarly self contained burnable, inhalable product.

2).  An ignition source.

Procedure:

1).  Insert one end of the burnable, inhalable product into your mouth.

2).  With dominant hand use the ignition source on the opposite end of the burnable, inhalable product, the one furthest from your face, whilst also inhaling to assist in the ignition of the burnable, inhalable product.  

Repeat as necessary until such time as a self sustaining burning action results on the one end of the burnable, inhalable product.

3).  With your dominant hand remove the burnable, inhalable product from your mouth.  Position the burning end in close proximity to you mouth, 6-8 inches or so, being certain that such positioning of the burning end would be accurately described as having an unobstructed relationship to your mouth.

4).  Using your non dominant hand simultaneously use the index finger and  thumb to move the eyelids of the closest eye to reveal the eyeball to it's maximum.

Use the index finger to raise the upper eyelid and the thumb to lower the lower eyelid.  Hold each eyelid in place.

5).  Blow on the burning end on the burnable, inhalable product with just enough force as to encourage greater ignition whist also removing any ashes which may have up to that point come to find residence on the burning.

6).  Still using your dominant hand manipulate the burnable, inhalable product so as to position the burning end in an unobstructed, direct, line to the eye being manipulated by the non-dominant hand.

7).  In a slow, steady action move the burning end of the burnable, inhalable product towards the eyeball being manipulated by the non-dominant hand until the two intersect.

8).  Using best judgement only remove the burning end of the burnable, inhalable product from the manipulated eye once the burning end has been sufficiently extinguisher as to make burning not sustainable without the use of an outside ignition source.

There you are.  A 90 minute Valour match compressed.

45 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

A Valour supporters abbreviated DIY match viewing technique.

Or...

How I learned to save myself 89 minutes whilst still experiencing the summation of watching the entirety of a Valour match in 2024.

Prerequisites: 

1).  One cigarette, cigar or similarly self contained burnable, inhalable product.

2).  An ignition source.

Procedure:

1).  Insert one end of the burnable, inhalable product into your mouth.

2).  With dominant hand use the ignition source on the opposite end of the burnable, inhalable product, the one furthest from your face, whilst also inhaling to assist in the ignition of the burnable, inhalable product.  

Repeat as necessary until such time as a self sustaining burning action results on the one end of the burnable, inhalable product.

3).  With your dominant hand remove the burnable, inhalable product from your mouth.  Position the burning end in close proximity to you mouth, 6-8 inches or so, being certain that such positioning of the burning end would be accurately described as having an unobstructed relationship to your mouth.

4).  Using your non dominant hand simultaneously use the index finger and  thumb to move the eyelids of the closest eye to reveal the eyeball to it's maximum.

Use the index finger to raise the upper eyelid and the thumb to lower the lower eyelid.  Hold each eyelid in place.

5).  Blow on the burning end on the burnable, inhalable product with just enough force as to encourage greater ignition whist also removing any ashes which may have up to that point come to find residence on the burning.

6).  Still using your dominant hand manipulate the burnable, inhalable product so as to position the burning end in an unobstructed, direct, line to the eye being manipulated by the non-dominant hand.

7).  In a slow, steady action move the burning end of the burnable, inhalable product towards the eyeball being manipulated by the non-dominant hand until the two intersect.

8).  Using best judgement only remove the burning end of the burnable, inhalable product from the manipulated eye once the burning end has been sufficiently extinguisher as to make burning not sustainable without the use of an outside ignition source.

There you are.  A 90 minute Valour match compressed.

That is more thought and effort put forth than all my posts combined. Brilliant 🤣

9 hours ago, jonovision said:

A few more performances like this and I have a hard time imaginging Valour continuing to exist beyond this season.

A key red flag on that is if they start announcing tickets scanned numbers on attendance in a similar manner to how FC Edmonton started regularly announcing 600 or so rather than 2000+. No sign of that so far. Not sure if this is accuate:

but the realization that the Valour are involved in the only game this weekend that's on at a time when I will likely be able to watch all the way through suddenly makes it seem like a chore rather than the entertainment option it's supposed to be.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

but the realization that the Valour are involved in the only game this weekend that's on at a time when I will likely be able to watch all the way through suddenly makes it seem like a chore rather than the entertainment option it's supposed to be.

Indeed, it is not a whole lot of fun to settle in to watch every match in which your team starts with such a massive gap in talent to the opponent.

23 hours ago, jonovision said:

A few more performances like this and I have a hard time imaginging Valour continuing to exist beyond this season.

There up close to 500 fans per match compared to last season so don't think their losing a few more in poor fashion will have that affect.

Hopefully they pull out some more W's the rest of the season and continue with the increased fan support they've had this year.

On 7/18/2024 at 6:59 PM, jonovision said:

I’m surprised they’re still around this season. I’ll be very surprised if they exist next season.

17 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

I’m surprised they’re still around this season. I’ll be very surprised if they exist next season.

This is what makes PDS's continued employment a bit frightening. I don't think firing would accomplish anything but it would signal that Valour brass are thinking beyond the end of the season.