Depth Chart Project. Shall we?

Just wondering if we should create this depth chart collectively. I feel like we could implement it with a color code. Something that could be a collective work by this forum & everyone could have the possibility to edit it. An admin on this board could take over ownership.

- Top 10 players per position (Black)
- Top u21 per position (Blue)
- Top 3 u18 per position (Green)
- Top dual national to follow. (Red)

Let me know what you think.

GK :
1- Crepeau
2- St-Clair

3- Sirois
4- Pantemis

5- Gavran

6- McGill

LB:
1- Davies
2- Adekugbe

3-Edwards

RB:
1- Johnston 
2- Laryea

3- Zack Breault

4- Marshall-Rutty

CB:
1- Cornelius
2- Bombito
3- Miller

4-De Fourgerolles

5-Kennedy

6- Waterman

7-MacNaughton
8- Hiebert

9- Zator

DM/CM/CAM: (we could be more specific)
1- Eustaquio
2- Kone
3- Osorio
4- Choiniere 
5- Ahmed
6- Piette

7- Fraser

8- Paton

9-Loturi

10- Saliba

LW: 
1- Shaffelburg
2- Millar

3-Hoilett

RW:
1- Buchanan
2- Brym

3- Corbeanu

4- Nelson

CF-
1- David
2- Larin
3- Oluwaseyi

4- Ugbo
5- Bair
6- Russell-Rowe

7- Cavallini

8- Promise

Edited by P-O

I'd say, to start, that McGill is not our no 3, by any means. Perhaps it is Pantemis, or Sirois. 

Agree on the LB and RB so far. Agree that those 6 are probably our best CBs though the order could be argued. Mids more or less. Watch your spelling on Millar / Miller (Eustaquio, Bombito too).

That is for me very close, based on what we just saw. 

Interestingly, we did not call in Abzi though he was on the preliminary list, and there is another player who could have given us cover for Davies with Adekugbe out.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'd say, to start, that McGill is not our no 3, by any means. Perhaps it is Pantemis, or Sirois. 

Agree on the LB and RB so far. Agree that those 6 are probably our best CBs though the order could be argued. Mids more or less. Watch your spelling on Millar / Miller (Eustaquio, Bombito too).

That is for me very close, based on what we just saw. 

Interestingly, we did not call in Abzi though he was on the preliminary list, and there is another player who could have given us cover for Davies with Adekugbe out.

I did put the Copa Squad only.

I edited & if someone tells me how, I'll let everyone edit.

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

There is no option for everyone to edit, it is on you!

I'm in Guatemala for a month, won't have the time, but could edit it twice a day with recommendations & discussions!

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not sure LdF is 6th in the CB depth chart based on Marsch's comments and the decision to play him in a big game (even if it was a rotated squad).

Let's say at least 2 people agree on a new ranking, I'll change it?

Where should he be? This depth chart isn't my opinion...it's everyones.

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not sure LdF is 6th in the CB depth chart based on Marsch's comments and the decision to play him in a big game (even if it was a rotated squad).

This is my take as well. Unless it was related to cap-tieing?

2 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

I dunno....it's hard to say but if you go by the coaching decisions possibly behind Miller?

If someone agrees I change it!

It's all up for discussion!

43 minutes ago, P-O said:

GK :
1- Crepeau
2- St-Clair

3- Sirois
4- Pantemis

5- McGill

LB:
1- Davies
2- Adekugbe

3-Edwards

RB:
1- Johnston 
2- Laryea

CB:
1- Cornelius
2- Bombito
3- Miller
4- De Fourgerolles

5- Waterman
6- Hiebert

DM/CM/CAM: (we could be more specific)
1- Eustaquio
2- Kone
3- Osorio
4- Choiniere 
5- Piette

7- Fraser

LW: 
1- Shaffelburg
2- Millar

RW:
1- Buchanan
2- Ahmed

CF-
1- David
2- Larin
3- Oluwaseyi

4- Bair
5- Russell-Rowe
6- Ugbo

Shifted some players around based on what we've recently seen. I like Ahmed in the middle in theory, but so far in practice he played out wide. Bair I pushed up to 4th spot, ahead of Russel-Rowe. This is probably very debatable, but I gave Bair an edge with him moving now to Ligue 1. Ugbo gets pushed down to 6th after missing this Copa and not playing during either friendly. I agree with @dyslexic nam that LDF deserves to be placed ahead of Waterman or Heibert, as he played during this summer and the other two didn't. 

Finally, I wonder where some other names may fit in. Here are some we may want to consider:

Hoilett - CM

Brym - RW/LW/CF?

Cornbeanu - LW

Nelson - LW/RW?

Paton - CM

Zator - RB/CB?

Obviously there are others, but I don't know how deep we want to dig into the pool depth. I capped it at guys who've been called/capped, although we know uncapped players like Saliba, JMR, Raposo, and others could possibly get a look in the future. 

4 minutes ago, YorkRegionFan said:

Maybe create a Google spreadsheet and post a link?  I think you can allow anyone to edit.

I can't do that on my phone from here. I wish!

Hoilett is more of a wide player than a CM...correct? Plays primarily on the left so he can cut in on his right foot if I remember correctly. But has played RW as well.

For me, Kennedy is much higher on the CB depth chart. Above Zator and Hiebert, maybe Waterman too. I doubt Marsch views it that way however.

3 minutes ago, masster said:

For me, Kennedy is much higher on the CB depth chart. Above Zator and Hiebert, maybe Waterman too. I doubt Marsch views it that way however.

We don't really know as he was injured a lot during the season and at the time of Copa selection. 

Posted (edited)

I'm glad of the the reception of the topic.

I wouldn't mind doing a google sheet at some point when I'm back in Canada (August 13) & let you all edit it.

I've tried to modify the first version with your inputs!

Haven't been that active on the forum. About me: I live in Eastern rural Quebec, married to a Guatemalan woman & I have 2 dual kids. Teacher but also business owner.

Try my best to travel for football, but I live 5h away from Montreal. I was in Rotterdam & WCQ. Big CFMontreal fan & trying all I can to see the closest D3 team from my house : Beauport. Don't say I am biased towards some players!

Spent half my life in Quebec City, then Trois-Rivières, North Battleford, SK, Airdrie, Ab, Jasper & Banff Ab. Living in Pohénégamook right now. Cheers.

Edited by P-O

When doing these sorts of lists, I always struggle with players that play more than one position, like Laryea and Ahmed. Do you list them 2 or 3 times, or list them where they are most likely to see the field?

Edit: One more thing...I think Corbeanu should be listed as RW. Transfermarkt lists that as his primary position and that is where I remember him playing for Canada. 

Edited by masster

2 hours ago, P-O said:

I'm glad of the the reception of the topic.

I wouldn't mind doing a google sheet at some point when I'm back in Canada (August 13) & let you all edit it.

I've tried to modify the first version with your inputs!

Haven't been that active on the forum. About me: I live in Eastern rural Quebec, married to a Guatemalan woman & I have 2 dual kids. Teacher but also business owner.

Try my best to travel for football, but I live 5h away from Montreal. I was in Rotterdam & WCQ. Big CFMontreal fan & trying all I can to see the closest D3 team from my house : Beauport. Don't say I am biased towards some players!

Spent half my life in Quebec City, then Trois-Rivières, North Battleford, SK, Airdrie, Ab, Jasper & Banff Ab. Living in Pohénégamook right now. Cheers.

Always interesting to hear where posters have lived. I'm from Quebec, lived in Sask for several years and spent time in other provinces. Would love to see more players from the smaller provinces, rural areas and smaller centres. There absolutely is talent out there beyond Brampton. 

From what I've known and remember, Royal Select de Beauport is one of those clubs that has done well consistently. I haven't followed youth much in recent years, but Quebec City produces good players. It's just a question of organizing and scouting in a strategic way. Hell, I'm sure there's talent in northern Sask if you go look for it. 

Fun topic, cheers.

I'm surprised not to see a lot of players at comparable or higher levels on the list like MacNaughton, Loturi, Abzi, Farsi etc

It also doesn't make a lot of sense to me to have the same depth at one position (GK) as you do for three positions (DM/CM/CAM), but perhaps that's just me