Copa America: Canada vs Uruguay - Saturday, July 13th - 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Charlotte, North Carolina

Hopefully this tournament is the launching pad for consistent success for the Men’s program.

Where expectation replaces hope and results replace promise. 

Quite a few lads have cemented their future as major contributors to this team and we may finally be attaining the squad depth that had been questionable in previous cycles.

What a glorious month it has been!

🇨🇦🇨🇦

Edited by gwsmith63

But no one gave us a chance originally to get out of this group by that I mean ESPN FC and Futbol Americas and FOX pundits. Or they thought that if we got out of the group we would lose in the quarter final but we made it to the semi final and finished 4th. Does wonders for our men's program going forward or at the very least gets more eyes on Canadian football ️ in this country.

Marsch said that they'll be looking to CPL and MLS for players coming through for 2026 but hopefully we have inspired some dual nationals especially after tonight.

Edited by TGAA_Star
X

If there are any noobs to Canadian soccer, you should thank God you started watching recently instead of 20 years ago.

in the last 6 weeks we have played France, Netherlands, Argentina x2, Uruguay, Chile, Peru…I couldn’t have even conceived of this 10 years ago. The fact that on balance we played well and weren’t over our heads is even more ridiculous.

amazing time to be a fan.

1 minute ago, JAVIERF said:

The kid started nervous but grew immensely and disposed the uruguayans playing libero role 

He adds some pace you need at the back ,  

You have a pacey center back in Luc De Fougerolles 

We already have pace in Bombito (fastest player in MLS).  Cornelius isn't exactly slow either.  But I do agree that LDF has some athleticism and skills to go with it.  Looking forward to see how he grows.

8 minutes ago, The Ref said:

After the 2-1 Canada should have gone in time wasting mode to preserve the advantage.

Yeah. Suarez remained in off side with no marks , and the. He levelled 

Ditto this ,  Uruguay was the better side in second half,  but in their best moment Canada got it,  that's football

Yeah time wasting and playing it ,  in the deck

Really sucks losing the way we did, but probably deserved to lose a game we should have won after getting results in games 2 and 3 where it's hard to say we outplayed anyone. Sucks. Esp letting Suarez be the hero.

But think at the difference vs qatar warm up game

Pleasently surprised with Canada. I must admit that with the first Uruguayan goal I feared the worst. I take my hat off, these players from the B team showed determination. And the best thing, that Canada is respected on the continent. Congratulations!

1 minute ago, MauditYvon said:

At that point. we had no more change up

My bad, you're right.  Tough. Wouldn't want to bring him out needing a goal when he was so good but would've been useful to be able to later.  

I'm not going to say much, other than that I am reenergized for this team, that I am damned proud of all the hard work they put into the last several weeks, and that I feel optimistic with the player pool and with the manager. I wanted us to take some real steps forward, and we took several--I feel--over the past several weeks under Marsch's leadership, and with very little time for preparation. We are fearless, intelligent, and capable of even more, which is incredible.

Players that I am most excited about, coming out of this tournament:

Kone, Cornelius, Ahmed, Shaff, Crepeau

Also excited to see how Mombito grows, if Johnston can move up a league, if Tanni nudges Larin out of the starting lineup, how Millar matures with his next club. And, Tajon. And some new guys we've not even thought of.

Sadly was at TFC but watched from the 80th on and I can't feel disappointed, even with the tough ending. This tournament will have done wonders for the program and all these players are now battle tested veterans on a massive stage. Need to carry on the momentum and win a Gold Cup now. Thanks to the lads for making us dream.

11 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

Nope, just factually correct. But keep denying the obvious. We’ll always keep falling short in these big moments.

Look we gotta do better at being a soccer family. Everyone is welcome to a different opinion but you gotta respect your brothers. We’re all brothers! 🤗