Copa America: Canada vs Uruguay - Saturday, July 13th - 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Charlotte, North Carolina

5 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Clearly he doesnt really care about this match - right or wrong. He can’t think this is the lineup that gives Canada the best chance at winning - so he must be prioritizing other things 

Canada has had a wonderful Cup, it is time to finish decently, not with a 6-0. You can experiment with the B or C team against Costa Rica or Guatemala, not against Uruguay. It's the Copa America!

7 minutes ago, xabuep2 said:

This line up terrifies me! Uruguay is very complicated.... What is Marsh thinking? 😩🥺

He clearly has 2026 in mind. I respect the decision. 

We have a home world cup to prep for. Priorities. I wanted 3rd. But I get the decision. 

Happy with the rotation as well. To me, third place is a glorified friendly, give some other guys the chance to represent the shirt. I hope players that did not play in the tournament can be rotated in as well

1 minute ago, ADP10 said:

Happy with the rotation as well. To me, third place is a glorified friendly, give some other guys the chance to represent the shirt. I hope players that did not play in the tournament can be rotated in as well

If we lined up Uruguay in a friendly im sure wed be starting our best 11, not playing the bench. 

17 minutes ago, xabuep2 said:

What is Marsh thinking? 😩🥺

He's obviously thinking WC2026.  Not saying I agree, but he seems to want a look at other options.  DSC is the biggest question mark for me.  Next LDF, as much as I'm looking forward to his emergence, this is a huge ask.

I would've liked to see Millar get another shot at starting.

I really hope Uruguay is mentally and physically drained, its probably our only shot with this lineup.

Edited by costarg

1 minute ago, xabuep2 said:

Canada has had a wonderful Cup, it is time to finish decently, not with a 6-0. You can experiment with the B or C team against Costa Rica or Guatemala, not against Uruguay. It's the Copa America!

We're going to need depth for 2026 and he probably feels this will be last time to test our subs against serious WC-caliber opponents until some friendlies just before WC 2026.