Copa America: Canada vs Uruguay - Saturday, July 13th - 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Charlotte, North Carolina

1 minute ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

He is (hopefully was) still mostly a youth player despite being on the bench for the first team a handful of times. 

All the games I watched him and all the other games he was listed at centre back this season

He was playing fullback with u18s before last year but since he has stepped up it has been consistent. 

Playing CB means he will most likely be defending Darwin  Nunes, because Uruguay will target him. That's a scary way to get your first start. I hope he has ice in his veins . That's a massive ask.

14 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Would really love a win. Would be massive for our program so really hoping this isn’t treated as a throwaway game.

If Davies isn’t fit I’d put Ahmed in for him, LDF for Bombito and JRR for Larin. 

It won't be a throwaway game for any new or seldom used players added.  They'll want to show Marsch they deserve to be on the team going forward, especially for 2026.

2 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Playing CB means he will most likely be defending Darwin  Nunes, because Uruguay will target him. That's a scary way to get your first start. I hope he has ice in his veins . That's a massive ask.

There will be another centre back there as well.  Araujo from LigaMx (if they go with starters) is not chopped liver and I would want LDF isolated out there less than playing against Nunez where he played all year.  I dont also want to be hanging on the whole time and having a centre back playing fullback is not usually a way to have dynamic attacking wing play.  I would even rather go three at the back if we are worried about wide options.

I guess we will see.

7 minutes ago, Ivan said:

It won't be a throwaway game for any new or seldom used players added.  They'll want to show Marsch they deserve to be on the team going forward, especially for 2026.

No doubt but I meant from a management perspective. Can’t say we’re putting our best foot forward if Piette is starting opposite Valverde. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

No idea how ITK this account is

Seems to be a strange move if you know many of these players would be suspended for WCQ - you think you would want to get competitive game action and familiarity playing your likely non suspended players to be ready for WCQ … 

4 hours ago, Canucklehead69 said:

They're going to be gassed. That lineup has played every game of full tilt pressing soccer

I think having some rotation and bringing on a few of our big guns if the game is still in question in the second half is not the worst play. I wouldn't let Davies play at all no need to risk him after last game. I would Tani and his speed get the start to see what he can do with it

Not just physically gassed with 1 less day of rest, but emotionally gassed too from their heartbreak + their post game donnybrook. I hope we can take advantage.

1 hour ago, GasPed said:

He's available, but given the hints that both LDF and Bombito will be playing, we're assuming he won't be...

I can see Laryea moving to LB for the injured Davies, but Ahmed is not an LB in a back four at club level and I would have concerns about his defensive game vs this physical opponent.

We need some experienced continuity there.  If Marsch chooses not to start Eustaquio, Johnston should be starting at RB and wearing the captain's armband.

Edited by BearcatSA