Copa America: Canada vs Argentina - Tuesday, July 9th - 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - NYC area

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

My respect for Argentina is definitely much lower than it was when the match started. You have the ref in your pocket and you are world beaters. Why do you have to play with such cynicism and falsehood? You bring shame to yourself.

The refs are the problem. They eat it up. If refs don't buy into the crap then they Argentina wouldn't play that way

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Millar has overcooked balls way too much this tournament. He needs to work on that. 

Him and Cornelius need some long ball practice... I don't think either of them hit a long ball on target in the tournament.

1 minute ago, Colonel Green said:

While the scorelines are identical, this was overall a better game for Canada than the tournament opener, where we were really dependent on some crazy Crepeau saves to keep the deficit at 2.

Night and day.  That first match relied on insane goaltending, plus Messi misses for the score.  Tonight's game was a real football match.  Fantastic!

Just now, vancanman said:

What I really needed was more shots of "Argentinian" fans.   

Also need quotes around "fans" as well. Unless a fan is someone who films themselves on their phone for 90 minutes.

Just now, sose said:

Him and Cornelius need some long ball practice... I don't think either of them hit a long ball on target in the tournament.

He seems to be fixated on that crossbar attempt against France. He needs to remember there's nothing wrong with playing the ball on the ground sometimes.

Canada 🇨🇦 even though we lose to Argentina 🇦🇷 in the semi final...we get to play 1 more game in the 3rd/4th place game on Saturday at 8pm against either Colombia 🇨🇴 or Uruguay 🇺🇾 but this is huge for our program going forward especially leading up into 2026 when we host the FIFA World Cup