Match Thread: July 7, 2024 - Atletico Ottawa v Pacific

keshavarz rushes to bassett after the penalty and makes a wild scream and celebration in his face...should be a yellow

🟨 del campo and a pacific player...maybe keshavarz

pacific wins 1-0

pacific moves to 19 points and 5th is forge with 18 points 4 points ahead of cavalry and 8 points ahead of valour so they both badly need a win in their matchup later today

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

If I were an Ottawa fan I would be asking why Tabla didn't start. Always looked dangerous when he attacked the box with the ball at his feet.

He came out injured in the 1st half of the 7 goal thriller/nightmare with Forge last Friday so perhaps not fit for 90?

Just watched the highlights and that penalty is a scandal, arm locked into his body, and the player turning away from the shot to hide the arm. 

If Cucurella's arm was not a penalty vs Germany, because his arm was moving towards the body and not in an unnatural position, close to the body when the ball hit is--and here I don't mind if someone says it could have been--this was far less a penalty. The ref also had the angle on it. It is a technical error.

At Ottawa had other chances to tie it and also missed those.

14 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Seven subs for At Ottawa and they are playing at home. How about a "surprise surprise" for that too?

Do they have a midweek semifinal match too?