Match Thread: July 5, 2024 - Forge v Vancouver FC

Just now, Big_M said:

big mistake and bitar ties it!! 3-3

norman jr tackles jonsson in front of his goal and he loses possession and bitar puts it away...what a game

Just have to state that the reffing in this game was a disgrace. All around, not just the obvious foul on Jonsson leading to the tying goal. Unacceptable for this league. 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Just have to state that the reffing in this game was a disgrace. All around, not just the obvious foul on Jonsson leading to the tying goal. Unacceptable for this league. 

I'm not sure thats a foul.

1 hour ago, masster said:

I'm not sure thats a foul.

I didn't think it was a foul, certainly not one that I'd give if I was refereeing. I often tell players that I'm not there just to bail them out when they try something stupid and get caught out. I'd say that that situation was exactly one of those.

That said, I've also not seen a replay that shows why the red card was shown, either.

17 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

I didn't think it was a foul, certainly not one that I'd give if I was refereeing. I often tell players that I'm not there just to bail them out when they try something stupid and get caught out. I'd say that that situation was exactly one of those.

That said, I've also not seen a replay that shows why the red card was shown, either.

It is 100% a foul at any other time in the game, but for some reason the NHL play-off mentality ruled here. Because it was near the end of the game, and, at least psychologically, would have more affect on the outcome, the ref puts the whistle away. Ridiculous. He was terrible through the whole game though, and not for one team or the other, just terrible. He should never ref another game. He's had many bad games in the past. He is not up to CPL standards. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It is 100% a foul at any other time in the game, but for some reason the NHL play-off mentality ruled here. Because it was near the end of the game, and, at least psychologically, would have more affect on the outcome, the ref puts the whistle away. Ridiculous. He was terrible through the whole game though, and not for one team or the other, just terrible. He should never ref another game. He's had many bad games in the past. He is not up to CPL standards. 

I know nothing about this referee, or his general competence for this level of football. However, I've just watched the goal back and I'm still okay with it not being called a foul, and it has nothing to do with the minute in the game in which it occurred.