Copa America: Canada vs Venezuela - Friday, July 5th - 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - Arlington, Texas

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Me prediction for tonight:

My mom’s birthday dinner drags on well past kick-off.  About 45 minutes before the game starts I begin checking my phone at regular intervals and fidgeting in my seat.  I have long since finished my meal by the time the game starts and when I decline a second drink at the restaurant, it raises suspicions about my level of interest and leads to an uncomfortable discussion about the sacrifices that were made during my childhood.   Dessert consists of a full blown guilt trip about my lack of gratitude while my mother finishes her third glass of wine and starts crying.  The remaining weekend birthday activities are cancelled with the entire family making me feel like a complete piece of shit.  

I then go home and see Canada win 2-1 baby!   Woo Hoo!   

dude, just fake sick!

and for good measure make it a big sickness so you're good on the 9th as well!

6 hours ago, narduch said:

I don't know if its because I'm too deep into the kool-aid, but I am getting Gold Cup 2000 vibes from this tournament

I’m very worried about tonight’s game, but it’s kinda crazy that we are one relatively winnable game away from making the Copa America semis. If we win tonight, I’m back on the kings of CONCACAF agenda. 

1 minute ago, Wasp said:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it I suppose. Kone and Millar getting dropped shows that Marsch is not afraid to make changes and go with who is in form. Very nice to have the depth to be able to bring guys like that off the bench.

Passenger Oso, should not be starting. We need to actually generate chances and not play it safe. Unfortunately, scoring goals becomes a lot more difficult now.

Hey, for all of you watching the Euros and Copa on TSN I found this incredible feature on my tv which totally enhances the viewing experience. It’s called a volume control, and if you turn it to ‘mute’ you don’t have to listen to those two moronic know-it-alls Kevin Kilnane and Stephen Caldwell. Totally worth the value of purchasing this feature for your TV. 

4 minutes ago, Wayverider said:

Hey, for all of you watching the Euros and Copa on TSN I found this incredible feature on my tv which totally enhances the viewing experience. It’s called a volume control, and if you turn it to ‘mute’ you don’t have to listen to those two moronic know-it-alls Kevin Kilnane and Stephen Caldwell. Totally worth the value of purchasing this feature for your TV. 

I've actually enjoyed Kilbane in this and every tournament he's done. I think he does a good job. 

17 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

Passenger Oso, should not be starting. We need to actually generate chances and not play it safe. Unfortunately, scoring goals becomes a lot more difficult now.

He was decent vs Chile.

I think Kone will probably come on in the 2nd half to close out the match.