Copa America: Canada vs Venezuela - Friday, July 5th - 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - Arlington, Texas

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Floortom said:

You’re his father so you’re going to be sensitive - that’s understandable. I didn’t bash him - I simply said I’m surprised he was a penalty taker. Same as Bombito (who nailed his). I didn’t expect to see either of them ahead of Kone or Davies - really has nothing to do with whether Moise or Liam are good penalty takers or not. Wasn’t a judgement.

So happy for the win...

Told u i would delete it.. would you guys mind deleting the quotes out of your replies please

Edited by spitfire

10 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Liam is a great penalty taker..shit happenes..hes missed 1 in his whole pro career.. this is what I mean about even and honest bullshit on this forum...staq missed anyone slating him? not sure if you heard messi missed last game..

Can't stand this board sometimes..

Shaff played amazing ..Liam came on did his job had an amazing chance that the keeper save..a bit indesive  but put a shift in..Fottball is a confidence game ...

No matter what the WIN is most important..

Move on

I honestly don’t understand the criticisms of Liam tonight.  He played well and almost had the goal that would have probably put the game away.   Yeah he missed a PK but it happens and he wasn’t the only one.  

1 minute ago, spitfire said:

Spend 2 mins on twitter and search. trolls are brutal...deleting the app now.. My complaint and not a single person has given me an opposing argument... ITs just not even the opinion..some get a pass most do..two players do the same thing and one gets ripped to death and told they are the worst player to ever play for Canada.. not just Liam Larin too..another striker misses a chance crickets..Larin..OMG get the cross.. ALi takes a shot misses wide...crickets..Liam misses a pass.. electric chair... Davies loses the ball nothing..liam gets double teamed...loses the ball worst player ever.. Larin puts it over..Horrible player.. Tani does the same..what a player...See a trensd here...

SOOOO Happy for the win but so sick of this shit.. Like I said go on twitter..Liam gets death threats and horrible msg after a game...

Will delete soon rant over..

I don't think this was Liam's best game, and you probably wouldn't think so either, but he also almost punched our ticket before the end of the 90. Class player, love having him in the team.

Thanks for your contributions here too. It's sometimes tough to imagine what it's like for people with more on the line in such intense matches as this one.

Just now, jonovision said:

I don't think this was Liam's best game, and you probably wouldn't think so either, but he also almost punched our ticket before the end of the 90. Class player, love having him in the team.

Thanks for your contributions here too. It's sometimes tough to imagine what it's like for people with more on the line in such intense matches as this one.

I'm the first to admit he didn't have his best game but put in a shift fought for every ball and had an amazing shot saved by the keeper..hard to follow that performance by Shaff to be fair... Needs to do better on the ball but the the shit that gets spouted sometimes...

Anyways 430 AM here..very proud of the TEAM and the result off to bed!!

3 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Liam Miller will return ,  he tricked the keeper he just ballooned it 

For me, this was the biggest match.  Can we beat Argentina?  Sure.  But it will be hard as hell.  And if we don’t do it, we still get the 3rd place match against another top opponent. Winning this game gets us 2 more matches against elite teams and puts us into the conversation for a top team in this tournament.  

14 minutes ago, Nick P said:

Canada sending 3 South American teams home from their own tournament 

we are definitely persona non grata...although we might get a bit of credit for this match, certainly more than our "red card" game results from fans and media.

The Argentina match will be...I don't know.  

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm all positive vibes right now

Except.. the ref was shit

So amazing.. I've never had an experience like that watching a football match

Brazil refs are all like that ,  that's why they don't get important matches they have an agenda