Copa America: Canada vs Venezuela - Friday, July 5th - 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - Arlington, Texas

Canada vs Venezuela
Copa America, quarter-final
Friday, July 5 2024
9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific / 8pm local and Central
AT&T Stadium, Arlington (Dallas area), Texas

Broadcast in Canada:
TSN 4 & 5
RDS 2
(This may change now that the matchup is known)

Broadcast in the USA:
Fox Sports 1

Canada's roster:
https://canadasoccer.com/news/canmnt-announce-2024-copa-america-roster/
Since the roster was announced Junior Hoilett is out through injury and has been replaced by Joel Waterman. Tajon Buchanan was very badly injured during practice and will be out for several months.
https://twitter.com/CANMNT_Official/status/1802385651251179939

Canadian players who have played every single possible minute so far in this tournament:
Bombito
Davies
Eustáquio
Johnston
Crépeau (GK)

Canadian players who have played over 80% of all possible minutes so far in this tournament:
Cornelius
David
Larin

Canadian players that haven't played a single minute yet in this tournament:
Ahmed
Bair
Choinière
De Fougerolles
Hiebert
Piette
Waterman
McGill (GK)
St. Clair (GK)

Venezuela's roster:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C8QjbjEttxT/
Since the roster was announced I am not aware of any injuries or replacements having taken place.

Suspensions:
🟨 🟨 Darwin Machís

Weather:
Doesn't matter, indoor stadium :D

Referee:
Wilton Sampaio of Brazil

Important notes:
• There will be no additional time. In case of a draw after 90 minutes + stoppage time, we go straight to penalties (Chapter 4 , Article 26)
• If someone has only been given one yellow card, it is erased after the Group Stage (Chapter 15 , Article 143)
https://copaamerica.com/pdf/CA2024-Reglamento-2024-06-15-es.pdf

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Please work on penalties this week boys. I hate going out that way.

Also feel kind of bad for Piete. One of our most capped players of all time, gets minutes in friendlies, qualifiers,etc.. but has never gotten a minute in either of 2 major tournaments. To be honest was a bit surprised he didn't replace Osorio in stoppage time when Miller came on last game.

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Also feel kind of bad for Piete. One of our most capped players of all time, gets minutes in friendlies, qualifiers,etc.. but has never gotten a minute in either of 2 major tournaments. To be honest was a bit surprised he didn't replace Osorio in stoppage time when Miller came on last game.

Yes work on PKs and set pieces. 

5 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Piette and some others will get minutes when we are up 7-0 late against Argentina in the semis.

2 hours ago, Cadeau said:

Yes work on PKs and set pieces. 

Yes, good point, but there is going to have to be a better reason (in his mind) for Marsch to bring him on.

If no extra-time, this will be unlikely. I just explained this to my Argentine friends here who forgot about the Copa rules with that particular event that happened in late 2022.  I am going to go to a bar here in Mendoza on Thursday just to look at the confused looks on people's faces after the 90+ for immediate penalties if it is a draw. 

7 hours ago, beachesl said:

"Weather:
Doesn't matter, indoor stadium :D"

WHAT, AIR-CONDITIONING??? 

...you mean, Dallas can deliver on what Qatar only deceptively promised? Texas is the promised land for 2026 final?

Texas also has that town that breaks the record for amputees due to gout.

Must be a bummer not to be able to show your kids how to walk in quicksand.