Copa Q-F ticket sales end Thurs at 5 pm ET

JamboAl

Tickets will be on sale starting this evening for the Venezuela game in Arlington.  

Tickets will be $180 for Category 3 (likely nosebleeds) and $360 for front of the top section or the second level (Category 2).  These are available in the Store and are in Canadian Dollars.

We have a small number in each category as a financial commitment had to be made for these with CONMEBOL.  We know there will be seats available through resellers but these will not be as cheap as people think.  Our goal is to ensure Canadian supporters are together in a stadium with likely 99% Venezuelans.

12 minutes ago, RS said:

I think I read somewhere that the game was already sold out or close to it, presumably because Mexican fans assumed their team would be playing.

5 minutes ago, jonovision said:

An opportunity for bargain-hunting Canadian traveling support, perhaps. 

@JamboAl , does the resell market in any way make it possible to get cheaper and better tickets if the opponent is not Mexico?

So the Voyageurs have until tomorrow to commit to tickets for the Q-F.  They will be $180 for nosebleeds and $360 for Category 2.  And we can’t ask for 50 tickets and only sell 20 because then someone is on the hook for thousands of dollars.  We may not even ask for any if the number is so low that it isn’t worth it.  That’s why we may have to ask people to coordinate sections through SeatGeek.

10 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@JamboAl , does the resell market in any way make it possible to get cheaper and better tickets if the opponent is not Mexico?

Yes it does but two things to note are that CONMEBOL may not allow resale tickets to be sold below a certain price (just what I’ve heard from some sources but not confirmed) and we would have Canadian supporters spread out everywhere.  Having said that, we do not expect many to be in Dallas - no more than 20-30 Vs.

Most Vs so far are preferring the $360 Cat 2 tickets.  I will be putting an option on the store for both price points ($180 as well) as not everyone will want to spend that much on a ticket; there are also field level tickets for $800, but I’m not even putting that as a purchase option.

EDIT: just found out the Texas Rangers are playing across the street at the same time as this game.  Brilliant planning!!

• JamboAl changed the title to Venezuela Q-F tickets on sale
On 6/30/2024 at 10:03 AM, JamboAl said:

Tickets will be $180 for Category 3 (likely nosebleeds) and $360 for front of the top section or the second level (Category 2).  These are available in the Store and are in Canadian Dollars.

If they can charge those prices for Copa America tickets and get ppl to show up,  then I think that we can now forsee that the US will now become permanent home for all the future Copa America tournaments.  

I thought that Ecuador was initially pegged as hosts.  Good luck charging those prices in Ecuador

Edited by Free kick

6 hours ago, Free kick said:

If they can charge those prices for Copa America tickets and get ppl to show up,  then I think that we can now forsee that the US will now become permanent home for all the future Copa America tournaments.  

I thought that Ecuador was initially pegged as hosts.  Good luck charging those prices in Ecuador

Ecuador was but they switched it to the US because of political instability.  I think that the cost of going to these games is prohibitive to most people but renting an NFL facility would also cost multiple times something in Guayaquil or Quito.  

If Canada makes the semifinal in NYC, expect the minimum price to be doubled what is above.

14 minutes ago, Canucklehead69 said:

Get in price vs Argentina was like $380 a week before the game on TM in so yeah that one will be insane.

It actually dropped pretty heavy right before the game. Ticketmaster is domestic only. Stubhub can be anyone from anywhere. People hold tight until the last minutes but when the writing is on the wall they look to dump. Venezuela is a bigger draw than people think but since the game is sold out I bet there will be thousands of tickets for sale the day of the game so just apply some simple supply and demand principles with a clock ticking

Edited by SpursFlu

39 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

It actually dropped pretty heavy right before the game. Ticketmaster is domestic only. Stubhub can be anyone from anywhere. People hold tight until the last minutes but when the writing is on the wall they look to dump. Venezuela is a bigger draw than people think but since the game is sold out I bet there will be thousands of tickets for sale the day of the game so just apply some simple supply and demand principles with a clock ticking

Its actually insane like 70% of the stadium is up for resale if you go on Seatgeek for the SF.

Copa QF ticket sales for the Venezuela game will end at 5 pm Eastern Time tomorrow (Thursday).  A few tickets are still available in the Store section of the Voyageurs website for paid members.  C$180 for Category 3 and C$360 for Category 2.

People who have purchased will receive their tickets by email Thursday evening.

• JamboAl changed the title to Copa Q-F ticket sales end Thurs at 5 pm ET
On 6/30/2024 at 9:40 AM, JamboAl said:

... we can’t ask for 50 tickets and only sell 20 because then someone is on the hook for thousands of dollars...

good point u make.  there arent enough V's like there are with other countries, so i always wondered what happens.

hopefully, those able, can unite to avoid one guy getting screwed.

On 6/30/2024 at 7:39 PM, JamboAl said:

...Having said that, we do not expect many to be in Dallas - no more than 20-30 V's.

i didnt believe that 99% figure earlier, but oh crap 🫣   is this what u guys are expecting?  i saw lots of u on tv in atlanta, kansas, orlando.  i dont imagine dallas being a hotbed for canadian expats like LA/NYC/SF are, but hopefully those mexican tickets get dumped onto our american brothers who prefer 'soccer' to baseball.

Edited by kungfucious

6 hours ago, kungfucious said:

i didnt believe that 99% figure earlier, but oh crap 🫣   is this what u guys are expecting?  i saw lots of u on tv in atlanta, kansas, orlando.  i dont imagine dallas being a hotbed for canadian expats like LA/NYC/SF are, but hopefully those mexican tickets get dumped onto our american brothers who prefer 'soccer' to baseball.

We have had little time to plan and those going have paid a large premium for flights and the tickets are not cheap at all.  Our Voyageurs sections will have less than 40 supporters split into two levels but there will be a few more scattered in an ocean of Venezuelans.  I wish it could be only 99% opposing fans.  Just a fact of life.

58 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We have had little time to plan and those going have paid a large premium for flights and the tickets are not cheap at all.  Our Voyageurs sections will have less than 40 supporters split into two levels but there will be a few more scattered in an ocean of Venezuelans.  I wish it could be only 99% opposing fans.  Just a fact of life.

Have you sold out? Is there any person on the hook for unsold tix? PM reply if you prefer.

7 minutes ago, CanadianTraveller said:

Have you sold out? Is there any person on the hook for unsold tix? PM reply if you prefer.

We will be fine and are managing the risk with Canada Soccer.  CONMEBOL ticketing has been such a pain from the very start because any tickets requested and allocated must be accounted and paid for up front and no tickets can be returned.