Match Thread: Copa America Group A - Matchday 3 - Canada v Chile - June 29, 2024 - 8pm local time (ET) / 5pm PT

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

We're through... hooray.
But we are playing so shit.

Crepeau, Bombito, Corneilius, Jakey, Laryea and Staq have been the only ones who I have been consistent and I would have positive things to say. 

Everyone else....

I would put David there too, he’s been good has just gotten no service when he gets it he’s good and he did score.

Look, it wasn't pretty, but it was never going to be pretty given our opponent. 

Some nervy moments aside I thought we managed the game well. Crepeau didn't have to make a tough save the entire night (I know we were up a man), and we didn't try to push for the winner after the 75min mark. 

Edited by frattinator

1 minute ago, AvroArrow said:

Osorio over Kone was a big improvement.  Very little giveaways in the mid.  The fact that they both went 90 and Kone stayed on the bench may be an indication that Marsch feels the same.

Yes, it would have been nice to get the win, but at the same time, Chile didn't have many quality chances.

I think if Chile had scored, you would have seen Kone in for Oso at the next chance, but as long as just needed to keep control and avoid turnovers, I can understand why he kept Oso in.

I lowkey miss Herdmans ability to change formations with our guys. It needed it when we went up a man.

Osorio was also go in the middle, but were also killing our midfield at the same time which ultimately is effecting our wide play.

It's been tough to watch. But massive positive is we are really strong defensively.

For everyone complaining about offence, David almost chipped the keeper in the first half and Tani was a foot or two offside but otherwise converted a beauty attacking play off Tajon’s cross.  This isn’t Bermuda or Cuba.  We are going to have limited chances and we will have to battle for results.  We aren’t a top 10 team that can ping it around the field and dominate good teams.  We are a team of hardworking guys that are clawing their way into global relevancy.  Proud of them so far this tourney.