Match Thread: Copa America Group A - Matchday 3 - Canada v Chile - June 29, 2024 - 8pm local time (ET) / 5pm PT

If Davies is at left back, I feel a bit better. Still scratching my head at starting Layrea. Was hoping we'd start the same 11 as we did vs. Argentina, but I can understand sticking Oso in there for Kone. If Chile is indeed slower, then Oso should be okay AND provide better possession, great off the ball running, and experience. Nice to have another Spanish-speaking hombre out there, too.

I like the idea of Shaf keeping the Chilean wing backs honest. He might not get the space he normally gets, but having him out there might create space for the rest of our guys.

Not as nervous as I usually am for these matches. But I REALLY want to see us to perform much better than we did against Peru. If we lose, then let's lose playing really well. Tenacious, smart, creative, disciplined, cohesive.  I want a good game. Chile will certainly play their asses off. Let's see what we can do against a very good side. We'll need to be switched on for 90+ minutes if we want to get a result. 

And, also, let's go Argentina!

10 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

There are lots of options.  Another is to put Richie at LB and Phonzie up top to start and run at their RB…  

On 6/25/2024 at 9:30 PM, dyslexic nam said:

With two poor games in a row I think he [Kone] loses the starting spot now game

I am also calling for us to advance so should make it 3 for 3 on predictions tonight.    

50 minutes ago, phil03 said:

Honestly, for the life of me I don't get the preference of Oso over Choiniere. Like, don't get me wrong: I like Oso but he is getting on a bit...

The fact that Marsch didn't play Choiniere in Kansas says a lot.  He obviously does not rate him.  Choiniere would've kicked ass in those conditions.  He's done it repetitively in those conditions.

47 minutes ago, pod818 said:

I agree with the changes, Shaffelburg has been amazing and deserves the start. We were very shaky last game and Osorio brings the experience to calm things down. 

Thing is, even Shaff admitted his limitations and that his strength was coming out vs a tired side.  

21 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Oh, and am I right that it'll be significantly cooler than originally forecasted?

weather network says 25c and also feels like 25c, so you're right.

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Is it just me, or could that have been a red for Bombito?

Unnecessary elbow.

Wasn’t smart.  Red would have been harsh but you could see it happening.  He is lucky it happened so early.   Gotta be smarter.