Match Thread: Copa America Group A - Matchday 3 - Canada v Chile - June 29, 2024 - 8pm local time (ET) / 5pm PT

narduch

2 minutes ago, phil03 said:

Honestly, for the life of me I don't get the preference of Oso over Choiniere. Like, don't get me wrong: I like Oso but he is getting on a bit...

Proven international, has performed for Canada in big moments, more likely to produce offense. 

I'd probably big Choiniere myself (or Kone, more likely) but Osorio has strengths.

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Proven international, has performed for Canada in big moments, more likely to produce offense. 

I'd probably big Choiniere myself (or Kone, more likely) but Osorio has strengths.

Fair enough on the first two points, altough I'd argue the past tense is key on the second, but I'd say that Choinière is as good as providing offense, if its less flashy.

2 minutes ago, Mattd97 said:

Davies also coming up. I thought everyone was we figured out a role for him and he could settle in.

I don't know what marsch is thinking honestly. Goofy choices. Tie France, play well against Argentina, switch up lineups and positions

Are you saying you expect Davies to play up the pitch and not at left back? I don't.

2 minutes ago, Mattd97 said:

Davies also coming up. I thought everyone was we figured out a role for him and he could settle in.

I don't know what marsch is thinking honestly. Goofy choices. Tie France, play well against Argentina, switch up lineups and positions

I don't like Davies pushed up to start, I don't like Laryea on the left and I think Shaff is much better coming off the bench but we have to trust the Gaffer!

How to watch and odds
Date: Saturday, June 29 | Time: 8 p.m. ET
TV: FS2  | Live stream: Fubo (Try for free)
Odds: Canada +230; Draw +220; Chile +125

Storylines

Canada: With the attack missing so many of the chances it creates, the defense has been Canada's strength so far. The Canucks have been organized pressing at key moments to win the ball back from the opposition a signature Marsch strategy which he has them well drilled at already. Scoring your first goal is the hardest and now that's out of the way, more will come for the Canucks.

Chile: While Chile aren't out of the running for the knockout stage, since a victory would put them above Canada and into second, it sure feels like it. Everything around this squad is uninspired. Lucky to not concede more goals to Argentina, Chile's attack hasn't been there during this tournament. Alexis Sanchez has missed big chances that could've made the group quite different, and it's hard to have optimism that they'll get the win needed to advance.

Prediction

In another start stop game due to fouls, Canada will get the victory via Jonathan David keeping up the scoring after netting his first goal at Copa America. Pick: Canada 2, Chile 1