Match Thread: June 27, 2024 - Pacific v Vancouver FC

2 hours ago, Big_M said:

82' elage bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 1-2 vancouver leads

Nice shot by Bah. Got a bit lucky with the weird bounce, but he made his own luck by starting off that play with an adventurous give and go. Well done for his first professional goal.

Edit: not his first pro goal. Thanks for the correction, Big_M.

Edited by nolando

11 hours ago, Aird25 said:

What an awful run of form we're on. Surely there's cap space to sign other attacking options 

I haven't watched any of these Pacific matches but is this bad patch strictly on the incumbent players or on how they are being prepared/coached?

This team stumbled through the second half of last season, did it not?

17 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I haven't watched any of these Pacific matches but is this bad patch strictly on the incumbent players or on how they are being prepared/coached?

We were far and away the better team last night. We just couldn't score, and Vancouver scored on really their only two half chances through individual mistakes/brilliance. I'm still not convinced starting 4 DMs and no wide players was the right move, but regardless, we need a poacher

4 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

In the first half of last season Pacific took advantage of a heavy home schedule and a comparatively healthy/consistent roster (I think they were the only team to start the season with the same CB pairing as the previous year). As the season went on things started balancing out and Pacific also struggled to break down teams that bunkered against them. 

Most of the bad results this year are down to individuals not being able to finish although last week against York it seemed like there were much bigger problems. 

A trend I’ve noticed is a lot of stray balls or poor dribbling choices leading to turnovers in the middle of the field which strands a lot of the team on the wrong side of the ball. The responsibility falls about 50-50 on individual choices and team setup / tactics. Yeates sticks out to me as a frequent culprit, but honestly it’s most of them. When they keep it simple and up-tempo with lots of running off the ball, they look good. Then it gets sluggish and predictable and they seem not to notice each other or help each other and get loose with the ball. 

Definitely Moore needs to finish also. Missed an absolute sitter on Thursday which would have really changed the match. 

Oh and we need better dead ball service. Despite TMGs goal last game we do not frighten any team at the moment from giving away corners or FKs outside the box. 

Edited by shorty