Copa America Canada Player Transfer Predictions?

Just revisiting this thread.   Two of the guys I think who are most likely to move as a direct result of this tournament are Shaff and Bombito.   Both seem to be showing that they are ready for a bigger stage than MLS.    

There are other guys who are expected to move - Liam, David, etc (and Kone has already gone) - but I don’t really see that as directly related to this tournament since the moves are already being planned based on contracts ending or winding down, etc.  

Tani has also looked good even if the finishing hasn’t quite been there - but I am not sure if he has had enough time on the field to generate transfer interest this season.   Definitely will put him in a few watch-lists though.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just revisiting this thread.   Two of the guys I think who are most likely to move as a direct result of this tournament are Shaff and Bombito.   Both seem to be showing that they are ready for a bigger stage than MLS.    

There are other guys who are expected to move - Liam, David, etc (and Kone has already gone) - but I don’t really see that as directly related to this tournament since the moves are already being planned based on contracts ending or winding down, etc. 

I'd include Cornelius. I'm not sure which category he belongs to, as there were transfer rumours prior to this tournament, but I think we'll be moving onwards and upwards from Malmo. 

On 6/23/2024 at 7:56 PM, Joe MacCarthy said:

I'm going to take selected players from the Copa lineup who have even a hint or chance of transfer and list them (some with possibilities/probabilities)

What are your predictions?

1 – Dayne St. Clair |  ?
2 – Alistair Johnston |  ?
4 – Kamal Miller |  ?
8 – Ismaël Koné | Marseille
9 – Cyle Larin |  ?
10 – Jonathan David | EPL, Serie A
11 – Theo Bair | Auxerre
12 – Jacen Russell-Rowe | ?
13 – Derek Cornelius | Feyenoord, Ajax, FC Copenhagen
14 – Jacob Shaffelburg | Belgium, Holland, Spain 2, Lyon
15 – Moïse Bombito | Lyon, Botafogo
16 – Maxime Crépeau | ?
19 – Alphonso Davies | Real Madrid
23 – Liam Millar | Sheffield United, Burnley, Leeds
24 – Mathieu Choinière | ?
25 – Tani Oluwaseyi | ?
26 – Ali Ahmed | ?

Theo Bair marks the second Canadian Copa transfer.  Who will be next?

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Best I’ve ever seen him. I didn’t think he had another level in him, but it looks like he does

I thought the same thing, he had a lull but this tournament proved he has another level in him.

So who is realistically left for a transfer: Bombito, Millar and Cornelius.  I have to admit Theo was a pleasant surprise.

11 hours ago, Cheeta said:

SHUTYOURGOB!

Used to say that to my grandparents as a toddler growing up in Newfoundland lol

But anyway, I don't want Johnston leaving Celtic for Everton. Yes it's a big club traditionally but they have struggled for multiple seasons now. I would much rather him continue winning at Celtic and playing in Champions League and making them better. 

Maybe a move one day, but he's in a pretty good spot right now. I think he can do better than Everton when he does move.

27 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Whether we like it or not...

I have seen nothing about Johnston to Everton.

Just he's not doing Celtic's American tour.

Strange, as he’s already there and I’m pretty sure they had him on their advertisements, but I guess he has more than earned a few weeks rest.

18 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

but I guess he has more than earned a few weeks rest.

I think its required actually.

Rodgers earlier in the week:

"He’s got obviously one more game to go at the weekend and then he’ll have a breather. He had a plan and we were probably anticipating that they might not have got to where they were.

“So he would have had to meet us there. But no, we’ll allow him to have a rest and then bring him back and then he’ll be ready to join us for the last week. He’s had a really good tournament and we’ll see him when we come back from America.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alistair-johnston-set-celtic-return-33233007