Copa America: Canada vs Peru - Tuesday, June 25th - 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific - Kansas City, Kansas

4 minutes ago, frmr said:

For anyone who saying this wasn't a good win. Welcome to Copa America, this is how the game is played sometimes. Look at how Peru/Chile went. It's how they play. Factor in the heat and this was exactly what we needed to do.

The only thing that mattered was the result, and we got it. Anyone who doesn't see anything but positives there is kidding themselves.

This. There are no clean get aways in this region. Ugly victories are the norm, not exception. 

The big thing is we were on the ropes, got out played for a bit and we clawed our way back into it. When have we ever seen that before with regards to the Canadian national team?

Edited by Macksam

2 minutes ago, kacbru said:

FS1 ripping the Canada performance, lack of composure, lack of ideas, lack of experience.  Saying Peru dominated and if not for the card, would not have been close.

I am very grateful for the win, but I get this. The heat, though, was the main problem. It was obvious. Even Shaf was gassed and he only played half a game.

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

They dragged us to their level and then showed bit of quality, fair play on the second bit.

It took us too long but the red was very deserved (for at least one of them) and if you decide to play that way, those are the consquences. You might be a man down.

We showed we have some depth and made decent subs.

Our Iceman quality striker did exactly what he was supposed to.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

2 minutes ago, frmr said:

We got the result against a South American team in 34 degree weather in high humidity when refs were passing out. What the fuck were you expecting? Beautiful flowing tiki-taka? Yes I'm happy. Welcome to the game of football.

Expecting us to actually be in the game and play nice football. If not for that red card we lose this game comfortably. Like I’m appalled. This is not really a win to celebrate.

Edited by anthony7

Well, that was about the most moronic way to win a big game.  But ultimately, it is a win, rather than the much worse results of draw or loss, both which were clearly on the table.

So it's a celebration moment!  I love my CANMNT!  I was not entertained by the sports, which is usually my bar for enjoyment, but the traditional footie dramatics which has always held me back from fully embracing this dumb random sport...well it was in full effect, and Canada still managed to come out on top.  Which they rarely do? 

So no, not enjoyable entertainment...terrible entertainment actually, except for the result.

I await the criticism of everything...the starting lineup, the subs, their play, their lack of simulated injury, their wilting in the heat, all of it.

Hope all the Canadian fans in KC got a chance to enjoy themselves!!!

Edited by eramosat

3 minutes ago, kacbru said:

FS1 ripping the Canada performance, lack of composure, lack of ideas, lack of experience.  Saying Peru dominated and if not for the card, would not have been close.

That's not necessarily wrong.  But, as long as we got the three points,  I dont care

PS.: I wouldn't say Peru "dominated" when we were at even stranght

Edited by Free kick

1 minute ago, Free kick said:

Now lets hope that Argentina can score as many goals as possible against Chile.  We need chile to lose by two goal at least

Why?

Any Argentina win or even a draw  today gives us the quarter finals if we don't lose to Chile. Simple. 

Unless Peru beat up Argentina last day or something weird. 

1 minute ago, kacbru said:

We were poor for long periods of this match, let's not kid ourselves and before the sending off I thought we would do well to get a draw, considering we should have been playing vs 10 much earlier and conditions it is understandable we were off a bit against a quality side!