Copa America: Canada vs Peru - Tuesday, June 25th - 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific - Kansas City, Kansas

3 minutes ago, Free kick said:

The game started at 5Pm local time.   That's ridiculous.  the next game tonight is at 9 and its at Met life stadium in new york.  why did they have to start this game at 5Pm

How many pre-game hours of Messi interviews are needed ?

Kone is struggling and it is putting us under undue pressure. Staq is doing okay, but not as tidy as he usually is. We're getting killed in the middle as a result. I expect Choiniere to come on, and I'm hoping to see David help with the link up play. 

Laryea and Davies don't have a clue what they are doing on the left side. Davies playing hero ball. Not a good look from your captain. (Staq should be captain.) Bring on Tajon on the right, move Millar to the left, drop Davies back. then Shaff at 60, perhaps Bair for Larin at 70, or somebody with wheels, JRR? 

Peru has been solid, but we've been poor in possession.  Need to clean that up.

The non-call on the red is egregious.

These tournaments can no longer happen in the summer. 

Socceroos got them eliminated in the heat in Qatar in a super cooled stadium 

Kansas children mercy . Mercy mercy can't afford Colling fans and  huge air conditioning 

Cheap American copa América 

In JEEPERS CREEPERS LAND 

Just now, The Ref said:

Would have make more sense to have these hot games later in the evening when it is a bit more fresh.  That AR that collapsed  maybe did not passed the physical tests for referees.

Pffft physical test? You think they test you in this heat? You’re correct in that they should have played at night. Too worried about tv viewership 

Oh one other thing on the headbutt incident that I don't think anyone mentioned. When the referee was waiting and explaining things to Canada, he made a point to find Eustaquio to explain what was going on. Even he knows that Steph is the de facto leader of the team 😜

2 minutes ago, The Ref said:

Would have make more sense to have these hot games later in the evening when it is a bit more fresh.  That AR that collapsed  maybe did not pass the physical tests for referees.

Lmao if you fail a fitness test you are not refereeing at this level my man

BTW....

If Marsch doesn't absolutely lose his shit in the post match, if he isn't fined, suspended, drawn and quartered for that non-red, with VAR in effect he isn't up for the job.

Better still, send One of the minions out for the post match presser to take the bullet.

Cause a shit storm.

Just now, El Diego said:

Oh one other thing on the headbutt incident that I don't think anyone mentioned. When the referee was waiting and explaining things to Canada, he made a point to find Eustaquio to explain what was going on. Even he knows that Steph is the de facto leader of the team 😜

He explained to him because he probably can't speak English.

1 minute ago, El Diego said:

Or a spanish thing. A portuguese and spanish can understand each other.

1 minute ago, JAVIERF said:

Socceroos got them eliminated in the heat in Qatar in a super cooled stadium 

Kansas children mercy . Mercy mercy can't afford Colling fans and  huge air conditioning 

Cheap American copa América 

In JEEPERS CREEPERS LAND 

Is it me or is the ball super bouncy.  Just dry maybe?  

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

He explained to him because he probably can't speak English.

Just now, Cadeau said:

Or a spanish thing. A portuguese and spanish can understand each other.

Yeah this crossed my mind, my post was mainly in jest

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The bias is the standard expected of a player. You can see what is expected of Kone. Johnston too. Laryea shows why he couldn't even break into that level. 

Others may be having bad games but the difference is they know they are, while Kone continues plodding just fine like an ox in a rice paddy. 

If you have been trained, grown up, and felt the demand, by fans, coaches, teammates, for some technical minimums, then that's going to show in your game. 

In Championship noone is derided for dumb giveaways, they don't care. 

The hypocrisy is that just a few days ago you were criticizing him just as harshly. 

You are on a roll, I know.  But if any of that is true why do Championship teams have similar passing percentages and possession as La Liga one. Southampton passed it more acurately than Barcelona for instance.  Top 10 teams in the Championship have 80% or better passing, only top 7 in La Liga. 

Why don't La Liga even care about giving the ball away?😄

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford