Copa America: Canada vs Peru - Tuesday, June 25th - 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific - Kansas City, Kansas

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

What a damn shame that we have so few meaningful matches and yet many are ruined, or nearly ruined, by some sort of inconvenience ALWAYS. Weather, refereeing, player strikes etc. always some sort of nonsense. We’re cursed. 

We're still in it! We can do this!

1 minute ago, bwilly11 said:

Not putting any stock into that shit half. 100% impossible to judge a performance properly in that heat. Just gotta grind out a result now.

Yes, I was in Havana in 2012 when we ground out a 1-0 win in the heat, this board was going crazy, I was over heating in the shade with a cold Cristal in hand, I really don't know how these guys can play in this!

I'll be repeating some of the same stuff I've read in the thread, but my thoughts:

We are getting outnumbered everywhere, be it in the middle, on the flanks, on the counter etc. This shape is not working, and individual players are also playing poorly. Peru have been the better side, I don't think it's quite as dominant as people are making it out to be, but yeah we're comfortably second best after an ok start. I am not confident we can turn it around in the second half. We will be more tired than Peru. I would guess they have a natural advantage in this weather. Marsch (and the Red Bull way) tires players out, I was worried about how hard the training was going and I don't think it helped our conditions. We have trouble playing sensibly and slowly, we have no outball.

Individually, Millar, Larin and Kone have been poor. Eustaquio, apart from a horror minute which nearly led to a goal, has saved us time and time again. He has to do the work of two men when Kone is playing the way he is today. It's not just the giveaways from Kone, it's also the lack of presence when Peru are passing through us. Then later in the half there was a moment he makes a decision to press all out, individually, which was extremely naive. Millar and Larin are losing too many duels.

1 minute ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

We are all frustrated mate.  

No need to spam the thread with your silly, really getting boring, biases. 

The bias is the standard expected of a player. You can see what is expected of Kone. Johnston too. Laryea shows why he couldn't even break into that level. 

Others may be having bad games but the difference is they know they are, while Kone continues plodding just fine like an ox in a rice paddy. 

If you have been trained, grown up, and felt the demand, by fans, coaches, teammates, for some technical minimums, then that's going to show in your game. 

In Championship noone is derided for dumb giveaways, they don't care. 

The hypocrisy is that just a few days ago you were criticizing him just as harshly.