Copa America: Canada vs Peru - Tuesday, June 25th - 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific - Kansas City, Kansas

I'm actually thrilled the teams habitually playing Copa aren't ceding anything and what we're getting is 100% Copa America. None of this business of toning things down because it's the States. 

Preparing for Copa means preparing for moments like this. 

I'm pretty sure at this heat and with the result important for both teams they won't be as rash as they're making out. We shouldn't either. But we have to finish our chances. The best way to kill time wasting is to be a goal up. If you dictate the terms you also get to minimize some of the crap. 

3 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

Buchanan will be aimed since he is a hot head in the winter imagine that in 35c Kansas !

Another "hot head" player who, like Laryea, has never received a red card

This are the ganes you need Vitoria and Kennedy at the back and Cavallini up front,!!! 

Whereas this guy in bold has 10(!!) of them in his club career

59 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Any more good soccer advice like you had for Arg, park the bus is our only chance, rest half the starters because we have no chance??  

Yeah the result got me right .   Wouldn't changed ,  even though Canada had 4 good chances ,  they game could have ended 4-2 or 3-1,  anyway I wanted our team to get eliminated because of Milei.  To stop this crazy mad stuff. 

For my liking this is your window.

Yeah the result got me right .   Wouldn't changed ,  even though Canada had 4 good chances ,  they game could have ended 4-2 or 3-1,  anyway I wanted our team to get eliminated because of Milei.  To stop this crazy mad stuff. 

For my liking this is your window.

I am surprised you are so worried about Canada when it's Argentina that should be concerned about Chile ;)

54 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I am surprised you are so worried about Canada when it's Argentina that should be concerned about Chile ;)

No way .   Let's see tonight.  I want the tram to get eliminated we need uobget this BOZO out of the chair he is far right

5 hours ago, El Diego said:

Another "hot head" player who, like Laryea, has never received a red card

Whereas this guy in bold has 10(!!) of them in his club career

Interesting bit of trivia.  While the majority of Cavallini's reds are for a 2nd bookable offence he also earned 2 for dangerous play and 1 for being too damn sexy. 

13 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

"Excessive"? Did he actually say that or perhaps lost in translation?

Screenshot_20240624_170800_Instagram2.thumb.jpg.a597cef431008f5289c47b85143925d7.jpg

Completely nuts. Like others have said, the comment is meant to get a rise out of us. It worked on me for half a second, but we shouldn't feed into it. And as @Kadengerightly said, organizers should take action. A coach shouldn't be allowed to go around encouraging violence. Unacceptable. 

12 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Completely nuts. Like others have said, the comment is meant to get a rise out of us. It worked on me for half a second, but we shouldn't feed into it. And as @Kadengerightly said, organizers should take action. A coach shouldn't be allowed to go around encouraging violence. Unacceptable. 

He is just trying to plant the seed with the officials that when things get rough, we started it. Or were at least co-participants. And when players dive there was reason.

Hopefully the refs take it for what it is.

33 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

He is just trying to plant the seed with the officials that when things get rough, we started it. Or were at least co-participants. And when players dive there was reason.

Hopefully the refs take it for what it is.

Excellent point. I wonder if Marsch should say something that dispels this B.S. that the force was excessive. Objectively, it just isn't true at all. Apart from the Bombito tackle that's drawn criticism (and way more than it should), what could have been considered excessive? 

1 minute ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Excellent point. I wonder if Marsch should say something that dispels this B.S. that the force was excessive. Objectively, it just isn't true at all. Apart from the Bombito tackle that's drawn criticism (and way more than it should), what could have been considered excessive? 

He kind of did.

I forgot where, probably in the coverage of the Copa last night showing pressers but he said something along the lines of:

Their coach is going to doing what he can to prepare his team.  We are going to play hard and aggressive but intelligent. 

Very much a paraphrase, I see if I can find text somewhere.

1 hour ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Yeah, fuck Croatia! 😉

23 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I thought he responded perfectly! "Whatever they think we are, that's fine. We know they'll be combative, We'll be combative too, but we'll be intelligent about it."

9 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Yeah, fuck Croatia! 😉

Much like this Peru coach's comments, that was an arguably dumb comment but one intended for a specific audience (the team huddle, in that case) for a specific effect.

I don't think either coach's comments was intended to or is likely to lead to violent play on the pitch.

Edited by jonovision

2 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

And as @Kadengerightly said, organizers should take action. A coach shouldn't be allowed to go around encouraging violence. Unacceptable. 

Did anything happen with Argentina coming out late at halftime?  Ya, I didn't think so.

47 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Lots of Peruvian support in Kansas it seems. 

I’ve seen quite a few Peruvians around town.  And nice of CONMEBOL to keep the two teams at different Marriotts in different parts of town.

Long ago, I posted that Canada could very well lose all five of the first games and for people not to lose their shizzle because it will be ok.

As I also said, we still don't know if we have the Holland vs Canada team or the France vs Canada team.  This game should foretell our trajectory because if we don't do well it's highly unlikely we will against Chile.  But I am hopeful in thinking that so far we have achieved realistic if not decent results.

We have potential, no doubt, but potential and five bucks will get you a Tims (I don't know the price I don't touch the stuff).  I like that this usually seems to be a resilient team and things like being in front of hostile crowds doesn't seem to bother them (Tajon fingers in ears)

Get a lead, try and sub the yellow cards out, and put Richmond in.