Copa America Other Matches + Group A

Funny hearing Holden trying to downplay it in commentary until the VAR replay made things pretty clear and he was silent 😆 Peru tried to do the same thing to some of our players as Panama are to the US - needle them into needless bookings - but we responded a hell of a lot better than Tim Weah

2 minutes ago, Mihairokov said:

If I learned anything from yesterday's match the lower CONMEBOL sides (Ecuador, Peru) are really just slightly better Central American sides. Panama can ball and they can rough it out, whereas lower Central American sides mostly just favour the latter...

Isn't it awesome to start learning more about teams other than CONCACAF, and seeing how we measure up?  What their strengths and weaknesses are?  I am loving this tournament for the same reason.  I can't really like the sneaky fouling, but that is kinda an endemic aspect of football, or can easily be, so it's something to work through, and take your own chances when available.

Great tournament.

5 minutes ago, eramosat said:

Isn't it awesome to start learning more about teams other than CONCACAF, and seeing how we measure up?  What their strengths and weaknesses are?  I am loving this tournament for the same reason.  I can't really like the sneaky fouling, but that is kinda an endemic aspect of football, or can easily be, so it's something to work through, and take your own chances when available.

Great tournament.

I mean, I figured we could take Peru. We drew Venezuela before this golden generation. But yes. It's good to play better opposition than Cayman Islands and Aruba.