Copa America Other Matches + Group A

23 minutes ago, kungfucious said:

whole tournament he was solid.  quite an underrated player. 

(love his family history story btw... )

We ve got his header in a handball call. Boys

1 hour ago, Admiral Murray said:

This whole tournament has been absolutely fucking mental right from the bizarre pregame prayer in Atlanta to this game with Messi going out injured and crying. Loved every second of it.

The best show on earth!!!

1 minute ago, sebdeserio said:

Any mention in the media of Enzo Fernandez and friends' singing performance in the plane?

" El que no salta es un inglés" sarcastic  chant...?

They just can't jump inside of a plane on the air,  it is not safe !!! 

1 minute ago, JAVIERF said:

" El que no salta es un inglés" sarcastic  chant...?

They just can't jump inside of a plane on the air,  it is not safe !!! 

Nope, about France on Fernandez's Instagram live. For some reason Fernandez got told to turn it off but the last word was Angola...

2 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

Irish from Dundalk ,  from IRA

Incorrect Javier, and sorry but that is gratuitously stupid, frankly.

The family immigrated 5 generations ago to Argentina, in the 1860s, well before the IRA or anything similar existed. You can't associate someone from Ireland with a political position of a controversial nature just out of your ass with no basis.

They were directly from Donabate just north of Dublin, not Dundalk which is totally different, on the border with N Ireland. Apparently they still have distant cousins in the area, and that their family cottage from back then is still i the family. They say they go back to County Dublin to the late 17th century, but may have roots from Fife in Scotland from further back. They settled with other Irish immigrants in Pergamino, halfway up to Rosario from Buenos Aires, then the family moved of course. They played hurling, then his father--and I think another uncle?--started playing football. I don't know if they were Catholic or Protestant as the surname could be either. I heard the family were close to being Evangelical (Presbyterian roots), but I am not sure if that is true.

I hope that FIFA will sanction Conmebol for the disaster at the stadium on the final game.  From what I gather it was Conmebol who caused the problems with the lack of public control and closing the doors.  The U.S. Federation should also be sanctioned heavily for the poor fields.  Definitely the U.S. is not set up for world soccer events.

1 hour ago, The Ref said:

I hope that FIFA will sanction Conmebol for the disaster at the stadium on the final game.  From what I gather it was Conmebol who caused the problems with the lack of public control and closing the doors.  The U.S. Federation should also be sanctioned heavily for the poor fields.  Definitely the U.S. is not set up for world soccer events.

Did Fifa sanction UEFA for the Wembley Euro finals? Genuinely asking

I feel like there is a bit of selective outrage going on here. Sure probably more people tried to sneak in for Copa but Euro bum rush felt more violent 

I would also say to the Americans credit they actually stopped the game to try and get it right and from the footage I've seen American cops and security were actually physically doing something to stop people. In London knobs were just giving the ole as punks ran past them

Edited by SpursFlu

I hope there is a class action lawsuit and fans who were locked out get every penny back they spent on tickets.

I know tactical manager is not the most popular guy around these parts, but he has a pretty good vlog showing the chaos around the stadium.

And no, he did not barge into the stadium with the hoards, even though he had a ticket, so props to him for having some integrity and self respect. Can you imagine climbing through a vent to see a soccer game?