Copa America Other Matches + Group A

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

I was thinking more that the post-game conniptions from the US media will be even more entertaining to watch.

I know what you meant.

I am just going to sit back and enjoy the of end this terrific day reading the ESPN and Fox website comments in my own way.  

Bottoms up.  Cheers!

6 minutes ago, phil03 said:

Before we clown the American I do believe its worth remembering that the final nail in their coffin was another pro-Conmebol team decision by the refs. Between seeing that trend continue tonight and Conmebol making a point of publicly saying Bombito should have been sent off I get the nagging feeling the refs in the game against Venezuela would hinder us even more then during the group stage...

Is it too much to ask for a Concacaf Ref? Side note, are there any Canadian refs working COPA? 

8 minutes ago, phil03 said:

Before we clown the American I do believe its worth remembering that the final nail in their coffin was another pro-Conmebol team decision by the refs. Between seeing that trend continue tonight and Conmebol making a point of publicly saying Bombito should have been sent off I get the nagging feeling the refs in the game against Venezuela would hinder us even more then during the group stage...

Simply, no.  I deleted all my detailed explanations. 

But no...Americans have no reffing anything to complain about.  And all in all, Canada has gotten positive reffing treatment, surprising but true.

6 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Uruguay’s mentality and commitment is awe inspiring. They run themselves into the ground and every single player fights like hell until the final whistle. Every single player is accountable.

You never see that on other teams. 

Surely helped by that tiny pitch. Was it just me or did it seem extra small? The long throw-ins were almost going to the back post.

25 minutes ago, phil03 said:

If this is going to happen I want, at the very least four things:

I. Concacaf getting equal power to Conmebol in organization and ESPECIALLY anything refs related. The bias against Concacaf teams was sickening. They need our money for Copa America and when it come to Copa Libertadores we both have more money and the two best leagues, so it's noting more than what the cards we have should give us.

II. I want Conmebol to commit to help stamp out both the disrespect against CONCACAF teams in general and in particular the racist insults against black players from (small minorities of) fans of some Conmebol team.

III. For Copa everyone needs to qualify, simple as that. No more automatic qualification for Conmebol teams. Honestly, if we had, say Curacao, Haiti or Suriname instead of Bolivia and Paraguay the level of the tournament would be higher.

IV. No more rotation of hosts in South America, and instead a normal bidding process. This way we won't have to be subjected to Bolivia weaponizing altitude, for example.

If any of those won't happen then we should say thanks but no thanks to any deeper partnership with Conmebol.

You complaining about the referee when the refs have favour canada on their last game. I highly doubt canada wouldve qualify is they didnt play against 10 the last two games.

it still amazes me how bombito never got a red card. People here would be jumping and bitching if this happened to canada..

seriously canada should be the last one complaining about the refs…

1 minute ago, Soro17 said:

Surely helped by that tiny pitch. Was it just me or did it seem extra small? The long throw-ins were almost going to the back post.

Uruguay always plays like that … thats how the beat argentina on their last game.. 

to me they are the favourites to win copa America right now. Colombia is also up there

12 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Uruguay’s mentality and commitment is awe inspiring. They run themselves into the ground and every single player fights like hell until the final whistle. Every single player is accountable.

You never see that on other teams. 

Some of that is Bielsa

Hopefully a similar high tempo, high fitness regime locks in with Marsch's system.