Copa America Other Matches + Group A

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Just turned it on during the goal check.  With the US commentators, it seems like the goal shouldn’t have stood.  Any validity?   They also said that CONMEBOL said that Bombito should have been sent off and that they admitted VAR got it wrong.  Did that actually happen?   

Looked like an obvious offside 

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Just turned it on during the goal check.  With the US commentators, it seems like the goal shouldn’t have stood.  Any validity?   They also said that CONMEBOL said that Bombito should have been sent off and that they admitted VAR got it wrong.  Did that actually happen?   

Yep, they did that for Bombito. Not for the actual headbut against Johnston!

Like, as a former ref myself I am not saying this lightly but there is a very clear bias against concacaf team. What we have seen cannot be explained otherwise at this stage.

12 hours ago, costarg said:

I wonder if CONCACAF underachieving (or overachieving) affects the chances we get invited or host again?  This tournament is too fun, would love this to become regular.  But I feel the balance is delicate.  They don't want the guests cooking in their kitchen.

I'm not able to edit my previous post so I had to re quote this.

CONMEBOL had a tough time getting Ecuador to host so the USSF stepped up to finance this whole shindig, and a strategic partnership was formed with CONCACAF, we get the elevated level of play from South American participation while they get access to the lucrative North American marketing machine. I would be shocked if this doesn't become a permanent thing. CONMEBOL wants to compete with UEFA and they need the USA on their side to do that. I expect the CONCACAF Champions League to be the next thing to go with Copa Libertadores expanding to our region in its place. 

This is a good thing to. Clearly the officiating needs improve a little bit after what we're seeing in this USA Uruguay game, but that'll come with time.